throwing a big pine top 22'

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't really know what happened but he did not die in a tree I know that much. I was really looking forward to working with him again he had a laugh that was priceless.

I don't really know what happened but he did not die in a tree I know that much. I was really looking forward to working with him again he had a laugh that was priceless.

Wow. That's rough. RIP Matt.

Yep, I know I let out a few heavy hearted sighs upon hearing this news today.

I know I'm gonna be having a beer for Matt later on... and I damn sure know who I'm gonna be thinking of next tree I rip apart with one of my 372's. Very, very sad news indeed.

RIP Matt.

that sux! didn't know the kid very well other than from his posts on here. It's always sad to hear news of a fellow AS losing his life. Best regards to family and friends. R.I.P. If anyone cares to share the story please do.

throwing a big pine top.mov - YouTube

The action starts around 11:00.. big pine top thrown a good ways.. shows close up of the cut and the pull.. was a fun and exciting day..

Dedicating this on to prentice 110. R.I.P. Mathew....

While I realize that there may be reasons why you haven't posted what happened to Matt, it still seems to me like it's in bad taste to post that a friend died, and not tell us what happened. Maybe you should have waited till the details could have been brought out, before you posted.

While I realize that there may be reasons why you haven't posted what happened to Matt, it still seems to me like it's in bad taste to post that a friend died, and not tell us what happened. Maybe you should have waited till the details could have been brought out, before you posted.

Agreed.

I heard from Dave (treeslayer) that they were working Irene together in Va.. THey had a killer day, working two cranes, pulled $50K trees of houses. It was tough to make out what exactly happened next as I was driving a truck with a lot of background noise and in a bad cell area, so I missed a lot of what Dave said. It hit him real hard as those guys had done some serious work together over the years, so I wasn't about to say "WHAT?"

All I heard was there was alchohol and maybe something else involved.. he was passed out but had a pulse and was breathing, and then Dave got the news that he died.. Dave was in the tree when he found out.. SO I don't know the exact timing or sequence of events, or whereabouts..

I told Dave that this is beyond our knowing.. This is between God and His child..

Life is short.. We are all going to have our day to die, so live well in the mean time and be thankful for every moment..

Throwing a big pine top

Hello murphy4trees,
:msp_ohmy:Sooooooo..., how many times have you done that before???:msp_ohmy:
:msp_thumbsup:Very nicely done. Thanks for posting the video.:msp_thumbsup:
By the way, did the couple that owned the place watch you do that?
Work safe.:msp_thumbup:
NHlocal.

I like that old guy when he hears what the crane will cost (like its even needed)..........I also like the narrative when its said that I post these on youtube & eveyone says im crazy & how lucky I am....Lucky 15 times in a row?

what I notice in your Vids Murph is alot of dramatic, over the top, un-necessary BS........why in gods green earth would you need to bring in a 75ft bucket for that? there shouldnt even be any further yard damage!!!! & then to suggest a crane?

Climb it & piece it down...........cut n dry, Ya know I have had to do some "hairy" stuff cause it was the only way!! but you do it to show off for the Newbs when its totally uncalled for............does the fact that they think you`re all that mean so much? heres my thought:

remember how you said "its beyond our experience level & understanding?" Im thinking its beyond your audiences experience & understanding & thats why they think you`re so good!!! what a dis-appointment they`re in for when they do become experienced..!

Watch the dog during all the sales BS....LOL, dog just turns his back on em!

LXT..............

Last edited:
Nice experiment, Murphy. Well engineered too. It went well. You made the cut as low as you could without even any additional bush trim.

The deep step/thick hinge, and little bitty notch, and pulling over with a floating block instead of tearing up the lawn....that's only engineering genius. :alien2:

If I were you, I would take this video portfolio you've accumulated to the lending offices, and see who gives you the better slice of what you can do. A good crew leader/engineer can be a lot of benefit to a lot of people in the commercial side. You proly just think that kind of job isn't you like it's not your style, but I think that's just the expiring competition thinking at work on you.

If I were a lender, I'd see you, and I would think "how can I get a slice of what he's worth." Right away I would lend because you are money.

The last bit in this "motion picture" is where the Murph turns the mindful scope in his mind onto the bigger plans which is what lenders would want to know your heading up. I'm not stupid. When there's going to be MLB home runs in an MLB park, there's people that get right in front of all that to sell the tickets. That's all these lenders would do to you....errrrr....for you.

I'm just saying this, and I'm not worried about the flack for pointing this out. And you could do a lot more people a benefit than the wretchedy homeowners you're looking at in the vid. There's lots more customers, and customers of your customers, and employees, and arboriculture leadership to be made that you could deliver what you got to. Look at Jeffy over here in CA who is basically doing that. It worked for him, and he doesn't even need advertising which is another ball park.

Eh, that's my three cents, ay? Better than that whole spiel LXT dropped on it. :hmm3grin2orange:

Maybe you should of invited him out to throw that pine top for you............:msp_thumbup: I mean after all there was only a road & some other landscape stuff...no big deal.....with all that experience & precision the road would of been fine...:laugh:

BTW..........the Dog was the smartest being there, even it knew when the BS started to fly.......FTA, you trying to suck up to ole Murph?

LXT...........

Murph, yer a ham and I think that lady wants a bite. Nice hole shot... you crazy ####ing bastard.

Did you guys see that? He was standing there talking then all the sudden he's doing mach 5 down the drive. I didn't hear anybody say it was lunchtime. Yo Murph, don't forget to bring me back a samwidch.

Nice experiment, Murphy. Well engineered too. It went well. You made the cut as low as you could without even any additional bush trim.

The deep step/thick hinge, and little bitty notch, and pulling over with a floating block instead of tearing up the lawn....that's only engineering genius. :alien2:

If I were you, I would take this video portfolio you've accumulated to the lending offices, and see who gives you the better slice of what you can do. A good crew leader/engineer can be a lot of benefit to a lot of people in the commercial side. You proly just think that kind of job isn't you like it's not your style, but I think that's just the expiring competition thinking at work on you.

If I were a lender, I'd see you, and I would think "how can I get a slice of what he's worth." Right away I would lend because you are money.

The last bit in this "motion picture" is where the Murph turns the mindful scope in his mind onto the bigger plans which is what lenders would want to know your heading up. I'm not stupid. When there's going to be MLB home runs in an MLB park, there's people that get right in front of all that to sell the tickets. That's all these lenders would do to you....errrrr....for you.

I'm just saying this, and I'm not worried about the flack for pointing this out. And you could do a lot more people a benefit than the wretchedy homeowners you're looking at in the vid. There's lots more customers, and customers of your customers, and employees, and arboriculture leadership to be made that you could deliver what you got to. Look at Jeffy over here in CA who is basically doing that. It worked for him, and he doesn't even need advertising which is another ball park.

Eh, that's my three cents, ay? Better than that whole spiel LXT dropped on it. :hmm3grin2orange:

I take X's bull#### over yers any day of the week. If a lender saw that he/she would run away and lock themselves in the vault.

And X, you got to point that miserable mouth of yers somwhere else man. Its getting old and you ain't never posted nothing

Maybe you should of invited him out to throw that pine top for you............:msp_thumbup: I mean after all there was only a road & some other landscape stuff...no big deal.....with all that experience & precision the road would of been fine...:laugh:

BTW..........the Dog was the smartest being there, even it knew when the BS started to fly.......FTA, you trying to suck up to ole Murph?

LXT...........

Lol! Yeah, I think FTA is hoping to get Murph to go to the bathhouse with him.. probably has plans for that mullet!

Back