Ticks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We used to take a flea collar and wrap them around the tops of our boots and use a military blousing strap to blouse trowser leg. Kept the ticks and chiggers from climbing in from the bottom of the boot. I used to treat my cammies (which I wear now for outdoors work) with permetherine spray, and let them air dry for a day or so. That seemed to help as well. For chigger bites- best solution Ive found yet is tobasco sauce. rub it liberally on your legs if you get bit... It will burn like heck for about a few minutes, but it kills the chiggers, and takes the itch out of the bite, and the capsacin keeps the little blood suckers from biting afterwards- Field tips from a prior dirty field US Marine

Permethrin is actually a natural insecticide. Companies make it synthetically of course. In the event of contact with the body it is actually absorbed by the body and secreted through the urine.

It's/permethrin a synthetic analog of pyrethrin, extracted from chrysanthemum flowers. Pyethrin is used as an insecticide on plants and has a very short residual effectiveness (ca. < 1 day).

The synthetic compound permethrins an ester, and on contact with the skin it is quickly broken down by esterase enzymes. That's one of the reasons it can't be used as a topical repellent and also why it has low toxicity to humans.

I keep 3 sets of clothes (shirt, pants, socks) and a set of coveralls treated with permethrin. I've been treated for lyme several times, but ZERO ticks or tick bites when I've had the treated clothes on. The stuff works great.

It's/permethrin a synthetic analog of pyrethrin, extracted from chrysanthemum flowers. Pyethrin is used as an insecticide on plants and has a very short residual effectiveness (ca. < 1 day).

The synthetic compound permethrins an ester, and on contact with the skin it is quickly broken down by esterase enzymes. That's one of the reasons it can't be used as a topical repellent and also why it has low toxicity to humans.

I keep 3 sets of clothes (shirt, pants, socks) and a set of coveralls treated with permethrin. I've been treated for lyme several times, but ZERO ticks or tick bites when I've had the treated clothes on. The stuff works great.

Yes what you said

I need to know what's in it. I think I'm getting paranoid. Was lying in bed last night, after being in the woods and showering. Woke up and felt something in my hair. Ran to the bathroom to see what it was (thought it was a tick). Pulled a wood chip out of my hair. LOL
I'll find out for you its all natural ingredients. I'm the same way with the wood chips in my hair if it doesn't belong in your hair its worth a second look. Between fishing hikeing and firewood gathering I consider my self very lucky to have never delt with limes.

Tuck your pants inside of your socks.

I pulled two ticks off of my dog in the end of January in WI, there was not much snow and a few bare spots of ground. Treat pets with Frontline year-round.
There is a treatment better than Front line called NexGard a brown chewy tablet, the animal is protected via iit's blood supply 1 tablet per month. In the area I live ticks are a big problem to animals & humans, but it has kept my dogs completely tick/flea free since I started using them. Only problem a bit pricey but I consider the effectiveness worth the cost

There is a treatment better than Front line called NexGard a brown chewy tablet, the animal is protected via iit's blood supply 1 tablet per month. In the area I live ticks are a big problem to animals & humans, but it has kept my dogs completely tick/flea since I started using them. Only problem a bit pricey but I consider the effectiveness worth the cost
We use nexgard on the dogs still find tick but there dead when I do. Front line is junk in my opinion never worked for us.

Lying in the bed other night, felt a tick crawling up back of my shoulder, screamed out for the wife as I knew I couldn't reach it, she came running from watching tv thinking I don't know what, but she got him. I have pulled 3 off me this year and 4/5 off our house dogs. 1 case of Rocky Mt Spoted fever in neighborhood, SCARY is the word. Summer is going to be bad I think.

I need to know what's in it. I think I'm getting paranoid. Was lying in bed last night, after being in the woods and showering. Woke up and felt something in my hair. Ran to the bathroom to see what it was (thought it was a tick). Pulled a wood chip out of my hair. LOL
This made me LOL hard! Its funny cause its true, I've done the same!

Back