Time To Buy a New Riding Mower?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love peaceful music , but not instrumental, soft rock , old country music , easy listening type stuff, although , some old beatles, journey, reo Speedwagon, ac/dc , johnny rivers,
Well, okay then, you've been redeemed.
:clap:
Ever since my guy died I haven't wanted to listen to anything with lyrics. The "soundscapes" has been more soothing to my soul. I haven't even turned on the stereo in the vehicles since the first of July... which is not normal for me, especially since I just paid $300 for new speakers in the Saturn
Things are topsy-turvy.:confused:

Well, okay then, you've been redeemed.
:clap:
Ever since my guy died I haven't wanted to listen to anything with lyrics. The "soundscapes" has been more soothing to my soul. I haven't even turned on the stereo in the vehicles since the first of July... which is not normal for me, especially since I just paid $300 for new speakers in the Saturn
Things are topsy-turvy.:confused:
Redemption the spice of life, sorry for your loss, $300 must be some good sounding speakers , try them out duh!

They are very good speakers... I didn't mean I just now got them, I bought them a while ago. Back in the spring maybe. Idk. My entire life is a f'ing blur lately. :angry:
Sorry things are kinda screwed up for you my dear , just take a deep breath and push on , things seem to work themselves out with time and faith ,

EZ living, background tunes make me a little antsy.
It makes me feel like I'm sitting in the Dr office.
..cause it's almost always for some health problem.
Visiting medical offices have slowly made me develop a cringe factor at words like --rare, unique, special & shouldn't.

So, I'm gonna ask, has the OP fixed or replaced the lawn mower???
No.
I did purchase the air filter, 30w oil, and motor honey, as directed. The three shops I stopped at didn't have the oil filter, so I'm skipping the oil change. After the last mow of the season, hopefully next month, I'll have someone else come get it for a second opinion of what's wrong with it.
It's a toss up between the shade tree mechanic who lives near the post office, with wall-to-wall mowers in his yard, or the kids at the local high school. If it's not fixable, they can keep it and I'll get a new one for next year.
I was most impressed with the kid who worked at the Sears appliance store, where I got the air filter, who suggested the high school. Very helpful and appeared to be knowledgeable about mowers. He said the high-schoolers would work on it no charge, except for parts.

EZ living, background tunes make me a little ansty.
It makes me feel like I'm sitting in the Dr office.
..cause it's almost always for some health problem.
Visiting medical offices have slowly made me develop a cringe factor at words like --rare, unique, special & shouldn't.
And aha!

No.
I did purchase the air filter, 30w oil, and motor honey, as directed. The three shops I stopped at didn't have the oil filter, so I'm skipping the oil change. After the last mow of the season, hopefully next month, I'll have someone else come get it for a second opinion of what's wrong with it.
It's a toss up between the shade tree mechanic who lives near the post office, with wall-to-wall mowers in his yard, or the kids at the local high school. If it's not fixable, they can keep it and I'll get a new one for next year.
I was most impressed with the kid who worked at the Sears appliance store, where I got the air filter, who suggested the high school. Very helpful and appeared to be knowledgeable about mowers. He said the high-schoolers would work on it no charge, except for parts.
My bud owns a mower shop and has decades of experience with them. But its hard to do it over the internet. Find a person who works on them every day for a living. Not some young kid!I can get any tech question answered for you if you have one.

My bud owns a mower shop and has decades of experience with them. But its hard to do it over the internet. Find a person who works on them every day for a living. Not some young kid!I can get any tech question answered for you if you have one.
I think the high school is a great idea , I've worked on small engines for over 50 yrs even had a shop at one time , still work on them for folks out if my garage, But got my start in a votech class in high school , As it's another skill thats going bye the way side in this throw away world we live in , I commend a teacher and the kids for wanting to know how to fix them ,Thats just my opinion, the mower sounds like toast so their is no harm and its cheaper by a long shot , TNT might get a real bargain

If I knew a tech question to ask, I could find the answer myself. ;)

I think the high school is a great idea , I've worked on small engines for over 50 yrs even had a shop at one time , still work on them for folks out if my garage, But got my start in a votech class in high school , As it's another skill thats going bye the way side in this throw away world we live in , I commend a teacher and the kids for wanting to know how to fix them ,Thats just my opinion, the mower sounds like toast so their is no harm and its cheaper by a long shot , TNT might get a real bargain
My thoughts exactly.
And with an instructor watching, and grades riding on the outcome, they may be better motivated than the "professional" to do a good job.:)

If I knew a tech question to ask, I could find the answer myself. ;)
Kind of goes along with this sentiment.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
---
oh and for my version relax chillout tunes, when I'm not in the mood for hard rock or something else?
This sounds sort of like a droning, long, trippy~ish movie score.
http://air.chillout.zone/radio/8/wmp.asx
or
http://somafm.com/spacestation/
Air.chillout has drifted into some dreamy, slight funky stuff as I type this.
I use an older version of VLC player for web streaming music and downloaded youtube vids.
Less bells and whistles to fool with & Smaller program size.
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html

Kind of goes along with this sentiment.
"Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it."
---
oh and for my version relax chillout tunes, when I'm not in the mood for hard rock or something else?
This sounds sort of like a droning, long, trippy~ish movie score.
http://air.chillout.zone/radio/8/wmp.asx
or
http://somafm.com/spacestation/
Air.chillout has drifted into some dreamy, slight funky stuff as I type this.
I use an older version of VLC player for web streaming music and downloaded youtube vids.
Less bells and whistles to fool with & Smaller program size.
https://www.videolan.org/vlc/index.html
I like both of those links... also installed the VLC player.
Ever listen to Mr. Suicidesheep?
https://soundcloud.com/mrsuicideshe...-house-mix?in=hushkitty-1/sets/mrsuicidesheep

Just changed out the air filters. This is what came out... o_O:surprised3:
DSC02171.JPG
I know one thing that was wrong with it - it was suffocating!:dizzy:
I don't believe they changed the filters last year like they were supposed to.

Anyway, I poured in half a bottle of the honey - took a couple of minutes for it to settle down, then I cranked it and let it run about five minutes to warm up. Going back out to check the oil level again then try to do some mowing. There wasn't any smoke when I started it, though.:)

Just changed out the air filters. This is what came out... o_O:surprised3:
View attachment 603329
I know one thing that was wrong with it - it was suffocating!:dizzy:
I don't believe they changed the filters last year like they were supposed to.

Anyway, I poured in half a bottle of the honey - took a couple of minutes for it to settle down, then I cranked it and let it run about five minutes to warm up. Going back out to check the oil level again then try to do some mowing. There wasn't any smoke when I started it, though.:)
Yes the filter was plugged , no air makes it run rich , ya did good young lady,

Yes the filter was plugged , no air makes it run rich , ya did good young lady,
All thanks to you guys :bowdown: purring like a kitten. :)
Don't want to jinx myself, but I'd like to go back to those idiots, with this mower, in about ten years and ask, "Remember me? Didn't need a new engine after all!" :p

I mowed about half the yard... no smoke that I could detect. :happybanana::dancing::cheers:
Going to let it cool off then check the oil again. Have to go get gas anyway.

I owe you guys Big Time! :numberone:

All thanks to you guys :bowdown: purring like a kitten. :)
Don't want to jinx myself, but I'd like to go back to those idiots, with this mower, in about ten years and ask, "Remember me? Didn't need a new engine after all!" :p

I mowed about half the yard... no smoke that I could detect. :happybanana::dancing::cheers:
Going to let it cool off then check the oil again. Have to go get gas anyway.

I owe you guys Big Time! :numberone:
I will collect too my lady

Back