Time to schedule a Boston climb?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moss

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Bob Mihalek has checked in as interested in getting together to climb, anyone else want to climb on a Saturday or Sunday on an upcoming weekend? I have some Tachyon to test run. Might be a good time to try out some new SRT techniques, play around with different hitches etc. But mostly just to get up in an interesting tree or two and hang out.
-moss

Indeed! The only date out for me is March 15th, but if that works for most of the others then so be it. Poor me, I have to go on a company ski trip!

I bought one of those triple attachment treemagineers pulleys and I have an Ice eye-and-eye split tail to try with it.

Last edited:
Bob Mihalek has checked in as interested in getting together to climb, anyone else want to climb on a Saturday or Sunday on an upcoming weekend? I have some Tachyon to test run. Might be a good time to try out some new SRT techniques, play around with different hitches etc. But mostly just to get up in an interesting tree or two and hang out.
-moss

set it up homeboy. i'll go around your schedule. sometimes one needs a break from the saw when they climb. and i am due!

i'll bring the snacks!

set it up homeboy. i'll go around your schedule. sometimes one needs a break from the saw when they climb. and i am due!

i'll bring the snacks!

Let's try Saturday March 8 or Sunday the 9th. I like Sunday but either will do. If we get a few people free then we can come up with a location. If we get a small number then it's hike into the woods for some adventure, if we get more then it's in a park or anywhere we can manage having a more sizable group. Who's in?
-moss

I'm in, I'll bring BostonBull, he don't post here anymore:cry: and of course I'll TRY to get DonnyO to come along

Ok we have a climb.

Sunday, March 9

I'll post it on the BARC site too.

I'm thinking we'll call this a get together for experienced climbers (anyone who has their own gear and climbs on their own). If you want to bring a new climber and take responsibility for them that's fine but I don't want to make this an open climb for "unaffiliated" newbies. We'll do some open climb events for new climbers this spring.

Next we work on the location. All good ideas considered, we're talking greater Boston area but you never know, Quabbin worked out fine when Treebeach hosted.
-moss

I'm thinking the beech at the pond. It is big enough/has enough decent tie in points to accomodate a bunch of climbers.

What we got

So far we have:

Moss
OTG Boston
Ted from RI
Nitwit Dolt and friends
Bob Mihalek
Oldirty
DonnyO (will try to get a photo of this mysterious legendary climber)
Alban (maybe?)

On Friday we'll send out the location info (it's in Boston) to everyone who's responded by then. We should have a better idea of what the weather's doing by then as well. It's a great spot to climb, some interesting trees available and new to some of you who've been on our Boston climbs.
-moss

Last edited:
Rec

Moss,
I got your messge on BARC, but I cant read it, I just got an email notifying me i got a pm from you.
I will also be going skiing this weekend...I wish I could join the climb, the location is merely a block from my casa....

Moss,
I got your messge on BARC, but I cant read it, I just got an email notifying me i got a pm from you.
I will also be going skiing this weekend...I wish I could join the climb, the location is merely a block from my casa....

So you're trading one of the last weeks of skiing season for the first big BARC climb of the year? You were supposed to host the keg party........

ya boy it was windy indeed.

right off that pond too. good times for sure though.

only 4 dudes but it was a solid sunday for sure. nice and quiet in the trees when your not working them.

i recommend it to a full time guy to rec climb it once in a while. the whole karma thing going on. plus no rush. your on your own clock.

pics coming.

Back