TML 35? (Frontier chainsaw engine) fuel mix?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ribertgropius

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just acquired a Kemp tiller that has a TML 35 2-cycle engine. Doing some research on line, all I can find out is that TML used to be Frontier chainsaws, and used this 34cc engine on alot of different products. It was probably manufactured in the early 1980's, so by chainsaw standards not so old.

I can't find out any specific info on what the gas/fuel mix should be. I read about this engine being used on an ice auger (!) and have seen descriptions of both 20:1 and 32:1. Any thoughts or anyone know?

Of course, both Kemp and TML are long gone.

Robert

This is my opinion even with the old stuff. Yesterdays oils didnt have the same refinment as they do now so the need to have arich mix was necessary. With alot of the oldies I have I run my standard amsoil saber at 50:1 mix and I also run leaded 110 but I was using premium before with no trouble. Modern oils have better lubrication so no need to keep the mix at 16:1 or 32:1

TML 35 2-cycle mix

I have the manual from TML; the proper oil:gas mix is 20:1 (6 oz oil per 1 gal gas).

Anyone know where I can order a muffler? It's not threaded; can't make a custom piece w/o a lot of work.

I just acquired a Kemp tiller that has a TML 35 2-cycle engine. Doing some research on line, all I can find out is that TML used to be Frontier chainsaws, and used this 34cc engine on alot of different products. It was probably manufactured in the early 1980's, so by chainsaw standards not so old.

I can't find out any specific info on what the gas/fuel mix should be. I read about this engine being used on an ice auger (!) and have seen descriptions of both 20:1 and 32:1. Any thoughts or anyone know?

Of course, both Kemp and TML are long gone.

Robert

those funny looking little saws were made in Trail BC Canada and I believe that the old husky
35 was one and the same keith

Back