to rent a shop? for equipment?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

far north

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
im debating on if i should rent a shop for my business, ive got to much equipment at my house now and need to locate it somewhere safe to work from, my question is, is it worth it to have a location with an office and shop and have a sign etc advertising, etc is the money for all that gonna justify it? would i be increasing my customers by having a actual location? or should i just rent a storage unit that can serve my needs? my concern is security the shops i looked at have no security cameras, alarms etc and the storage places do so any words on advice? thank you

I doubt they will let you work on stuff at a storage facility.

It would be good so that employees aren't coming to your house.

I know a couple service companies that use storage facilities for this purpose. The cleaner the facility the better security I would presume but I wouldn't count on it.

A shop is way better then just yard space or a storage unit... but which is better is not the only thing you need to look at here.

How much is rent?
How much money do you make with your biz?
Is your rent really going to effect your bottom line?
Where is this shop goin to be located in correlation to your house?your customers? The local crack heads?
Do you want indoor parking for all your equipment?
Do you only need one bay to work on something?
What kind of office do you want? A desk in the corner? or a full time secretary?
Do you need yard space for logs and chips? Firewood?

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Have you considered building a garage at your own property? I did and it's the best investment I've made in a long time. Increased the value of my property, keep all of my equipment inside out of the weather, easy access right outside, and the security is the fact that my dogs bark at everything that moves and motion lights on the building to boot as opposed to renting (flushing you money down the drain with nothing of ownership in the end), travel to and from, not readily accessible if something was forgotten at the garage, landlords, rent maybe going up whereas a loan will eventually end and possibly lack of security, regardless of how good the landlord says it is.

2 yrs ago , i keep calling you to sell firewood to my customers but you never answer.....www.farnorthtreesevices.com

Not sure, never got a voice mail from you. I don't take calls when I'm working, was killing 2+ hrs a day mostly answering questions to people that never were interested in buying anything.
Ideal would be a secretary handling calls, but employees are $$.

im debating on if i should rent a shop for my business, ive got to much equipment at my house now and need to locate it somewhere safe to work from, my question is, is it worth it to have a location with an office and shop and have a sign etc advertising, etc is the money for all that gonna justify it? would i be increasing my customers by having a actual location? or should i just rent a storage unit that can serve my needs? my concern is security the shops i looked at have no security cameras, alarms etc and the storage places do so any words on advice? thank you

I do not like being an *******, but if you can not answer this question yourself, you should get out of the business,
Jeff

It must be awesome to be someone who has never asked for advise and has had all and every answer to all of his own and others' questions.:bowdown::nofunny:

It must be awesome to be someone who has never asked for advise and has had all and every answer to all of his own and others' questions.:bowdown::nofunny:

Yeah, kinda awesome, mostly common sense tho,,
Jeff :cool:

Jeff,
Do you own a business?

Nope, I am an Operations Manager and have been with the company from the start, before that I climbed for many years with both Mom and Pop company's to big company's and I saw the difference in both. I do not know your financial situation or your area of work. My reply was based on my short fuse to speak my mind before thinking. Sorry.
Jeff

Latest posts

Back