Too much compression?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cj genever

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Ok, I just finished a jug drop and mm on a 262xp. Squish is .0195. End gap is .008. Pressure cold is 215 psi. I expect more once it is broken in. Will the bottom end take it? What octane? I have been filtering out the ethanol from 93, leaving me with 90. I suspect I would need to keep it at 93

Op, Im a tad suspious of your comp reading. I recently finished a 262. Iirc i sanded .008" out of the squish and ended up with a .018" clearance. That was with a made base gasket.

Im at 2100' at it is blowin 185 after 5 or 6 tanks.

I got 185 and was pleased, then I realized the de-comp was in. I re checked with it out and got 215. Why did you sand down the jug to add a gasket? Seems redundant

Op, Im a tad suspious of your comp reading. I recently finished a 262. Iirc i sanded .008" out of the squish and ended up with a .018" clearance. That was with a made base gasket.

What is your end gap? Your air density is about 78kPa, while mine is about 100kPa

Ok, I just finished a jug drop and mm on a 262xp. Squish is .0195. End gap is .008. Pressure cold is 215 psi. I expect more once it is broken in. Will the bottom end take it? What octane? I have been filtering out the ethanol from 93, leaving me with 90. I suspect I would need to keep it at 93
Did you run the saw at all before the reading, or was it just with oiled rings?

I think his ring end gap was .008. I think he took more than that from the band.

I got 185 and was pleased, then I realized the de-comp was in. I re checked with it out and got 215. Why did you sand down the jug to add a gasket? Seems redundant

The stock gasket was to big for the number I was aiming for. I probably could have found the correct size material to get my number but I wanted to flatten the squish band.

Latest posts

Back