Tote basket

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sb47

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
I am looking for some more of these wire baskets. Any ideas where to get them?
I have about 20 and there perfect for storing 1/2 cord of wood.

2j1o5rr.jpg

There's 1/2 cord in those? I've been checking them out & want to get some this year - found some last but the winter screwed me up from getting them. But I was thinking they were maybe 1/3 cord, stacked.

There's 1/2 cord in those? I've been checking them out & want to get some this year - found some last but the winter screwed me up from getting them. But I was thinking they were maybe 1/3 cord, stacked.

They measure 42"x47''x48 so technically they don't hold a half cord unless you stack it a little over the top.
There perfect for storing wood. There galvanized and they let air to pass through and around them.
Can be easily moved with a fork lift. When there empty they can be easily moved with a hand truck (dolly)
I really like them. I could use about 100 more units.

I figured 1/3 cord stacked and mounded. I showed my neighbor buddy mine and he went all out and has about 50-60 now. I think he just put a wanted add on the local Facebook swap, and people get back to him. Has not paid a dime for them.

I figured 1/3 cord stacked and mounded. I showed my neighbor buddy mine and he went all out and has about 50-60 now. I think he just put a wanted add on the local Facebook swap, and people get back to him. Has not paid a dime for them.

I wish I could find a deal like that. Thats is a sweet deal.

Search craigs list for IBC Totes
It looks like those are the cages that go around the plastic totes

Thanks for the tip. However I don't need or want to pay for the tub and basket.
I just want the baskets.
I picked up about 20 for 15 bucks each, no tub, just basket.
I may call them and see if they have just the baskets without the tubs.
Thanks again!

The most you could possible get into one of those is slighty less than 1/3 of a full cord as your outside dimensions add up to apx 54 cubic feet- full cord is 128 cf no air gaps- generally I figure those at a healthy/ fat 1/4 cord per cage when taking air gaps into consideration. Note there are two sizes to those that have the tanks in them the smaller is a 250 gal. larger apx 300 gal.

The most you could possible get into one of those is slighty less than 1/3 of a full cord as your outside dimensions add up to apx 54 cubic feet- full cord is 128 cf no air gaps- generally I figure those at a healthy/ fat 1/4 cord per cage when taking air gaps into consideration. Note there are two sizes to those that have the tanks in them the smaller is a 250 gal. larger apx 300 gal.

I have stacked a half cord in the traditional way and another in the baskets.
Both stacks are exactly the same size.
They do hold a half cord.

so you are saying that it will hold a a stack that is 64 cubic ft in size when the outside dimensions are only 54 cf - must be new math, as that would leave at least 10 cf stacked over the top frame rails which is of course possible but makes for difficulty moving and/ or stacking one container on top of another.
( Ya I got up on the wrong side this morning)

so you are saying that it will hold a a stack that is 64 cubic ft in size when the outside dimensions are only 54 cf - must be new math, as that would leave at least 10 cf stacked over the top frame rails which is of course possible but makes for difficulty moving and/ or stacking one container on top of another.
( Ya I got up on the wrong side this morning)

If your ever in Tx, swing by and I'll prove it to you.

Who exactly sells firewood with no air gaps?

I am looking for some more of these wire baskets. Any ideas where to get them?
I have about 20 and there perfect for storing 1/2 cord of wood.

2j1o5rr.jpg
How much does cutting the front out like that affect the strength of the basket? I was thinking of doing this only leaving the top bar in place and then maybe rigging up some kind of hinge/latch setup to make a "door", what ye think?

How much does cutting the front out like that affect the strength of the basket? I was thinking of doing this only leaving the top bar in place and then maybe rigging up some kind of hinge/latch setup to make a "door", what ye think?

It doesn't affect the strength at all. I do have a few wired doors that latch closed so nothing can fall out.
The problem with no door is loading and unloading it.
There pretty tuff little baskets.
They are designed for fluids so fluid weight is 8 lb per gallon.
A 250 gallon tub in that basket would weigh 2000 lbs.
And when stacked, the bottom one gets all the weight of the top baskets.
So yeah, there pretty tuff.

I've never seem them without the tote. They sell for $75-100 each here. I gave one away a few weeks ago, had people almost fighting over it. I used it to haul fuel but it developed a small leak after many years of use.

I use industrial baskets that are 48"x40"x40". I get them at a place that deals in used warehouse pallet racking and such. Very nice to move with my Kubota with the pallet forks.
74834ccefeff6cfca1a0bbadb9a5fc93.jpg

Steve

Lincoln SA200 (1966 Redface)
Lincoln IdealArc 250

Latest posts

Back