Tracked Aerial Lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL........you are funny & whats sad is you give just enough truth in what you say while thinking it to be gospel that you are dangerous............ok another try Idiot.......the section you will want to view is called: safety inspection for motor carrier............oh thats right this is a DOT officers publication & one could prolly find it @ your local dept of transportation!

Does everyone notice I only refer to my state.......while fatmax thinks he is the law in all states, By the way............you need to re-visit GCWR (gross combination weight rating) cause the info you gave on here about it not being needed is a LIE!!!!!!

Im scary??? LOL, the fact you give wrong info & some on here may follow your worthless prattle is what is scary.......So tell us about your background pertaining to driving in PA..! cause...............I just went through an audit, just sent in my registration & am Looking at it now...Form MV-105-MCTSC & right on there ball bag is section #5 telling you what is what & asking you to check a box verifying that your vehicle is inspected...............my truck gets inspected twice a year!!!

what do you drive? what class license do you have?..............while you might give worthless advice that dances around the form of legality..............I give it from experience, its clear you have never been OTR or pulled over by DOT, picked apart @ the scale house, etc... or you would have better insight than thinking you know all the rules from your lil JJ keller publication!!

technically for a 25,000 gvwr truck you only need a class c with no airbrake restriction good luck on getting that cause if im not mistaken you must apply for a class B in order to sit the exam for airbrakes in PA....However, even if so, you now have a class c "Commercial Drivers License"...........I see where you told someone that why worry unless you are gonna drive CMV........whats sad with your goofy impotent statement is that once you have a CDL..........you are commercial 24/7 & even in your own private vehicle you will be treated like you`re in a CMV..........look at the breathalizer test limit for those with CDL`s......even in the family yugo you better not be over .04 in PA .08 for non CDL..............well officer..Im in a PMV (private motor vehicle) LMFAO you cant fine me pertaining to CDL regulations cause Fatmax from arboristsite said so........LMFAO

And finally............I know you will have something to come back with cause HELL.............you are the CDL/DOT god wanna be & nothing you say is wrong..............what you driving again? you an OTR driver?............Nah didnt think so!

guys......before listening to this nut pump, go to your state driver center & get the truck drivers handbook, Fmcsr & state motor carrier laws & safety inspection pamphlet if they have it & then you will know what your state requires!!! Im done with this jack wagon!!

LXT...............

\
Actually, LXT the stuff in my CMV handbook is lining up exactly with what Fatmax is saying. I posted a pic earlier of the guidelines. I called the CDL specialty line and talked to an operator that told me the exact same thing about my 24,500 chip truck with air brakes. I double checked with the guy testing me in my bucket. Told me I couldn't get my cdl with my chip truck, i didn't need one to drive it. Fatmax seems to be backing up his statements with references with online info which also aligns with the book in front of me. Where are you getting your info? Like you said, you're just some guy on the internet.

LOL........you are funny & whats sad is you give just enough truth in what you say while thinking it to be gospel that you are dangerous............ok another try Idiot.......the section you will want to view is called: safety inspection for motor carrier............oh thats right this is a DOT officers publication & one could prolly find it @ your local dept of transportation!

No offense but you are a little slow aren't you? Maybe illiterate as well?

You are mixing two completly different sections of the reguations when you talk about 17k and safety inspections. If you would read and understand the regulations you would know the difference.

Does everyone notice I only refer to my state.......while fatmax thinks he is the law in all states, By the way............you need to re-visit GCWR (gross combination weight rating) cause the info you gave on here about it not being needed is a LIE!!!!!!

Like I already said. When talking about CDLs that particualr GCWR is meaningless.

If you are only talking about your state why do you keep bringing up the FMCSR?

Im scary??? LOL, the fact you give wrong info & some on here may follow your worthless prattle is what is scary.......So tell us about your background pertaining to driving in PA..! cause...............I just went through an audit, just sent in my registration & am Looking at it now...Form MV-105-MCTSC & right on there ball bag is section #5 telling you what is what & asking you to check a box verifying that your vehicle is inspected...............my truck gets inspected twice a year!!!

None of this has anything to do with CDLs. Again you should know this.

what do you drive? what class license do you have?..............while you might give worthless advice that dances around the form of legality..............I give it from experience, its clear you have never been OTR or pulled over by DOT, picked apart @ the scale house, etc... or you would have better insight than thinking you know all the rules from your lil JJ keller publication!!

Class A CDL but I know when it is needed and when it is not. That is the difference between me and you. I know when it is needed and when it is not.

technically for a 25,000 gvwr truck you only need a class c with no airbrake restriction good luck on getting that cause if im not mistaken you must apply for a class B in order to sit the exam for airbrakes in PA....However, even if so, you now have a class c "Commercial Drivers License"...........I see where you told someone that why worry unless you are gonna drive CMV........whats sad with your goofy impotent statement is that once you have a CDL..........you are commercial 24/7 & even in your own private vehicle you will be treated like you`re in a CMV..........look at the breathalizer test limit for those with CDL`s......even in the family yugo you better not be over .04 in PA .08 for non CDL..............well officer..Im in a PMV (private motor vehicle) LMFAO you cant fine me pertaining to CDL regulations cause Fatmax from arboristsite said so........LMFAO

Further proof that you really don't have a clue. A basic class C doesn't have an air brake restriction now does it? Just think about that for a minute.

Air brakes DON'T require a CDL even if they did your supposed 25k truck would only need a CDL class C. Like i have already said air brakes are the same for all classes of CDL. All can be had with or with out an air brake restriction. Yet again you have failed to show anything that says a CDL is needed for your 25k truck. Can you see the pattern here? You can't seem to back up a single statement that you make.

I am starting to think the best part of you run down your moms leg.

ps Since you can't seem to find your way to any correct info about PA CDL requirements why don't you check this out. It's called a FACT SHEET.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-cdl.pdf

You will notice that class B CDLs don't start until you are north of 26k. Same for class A, not until the GCWR is north of 26k. :rock:

Last edited:
Sure hope I didn't scare everyone away.

This had been an intereesting discussion.:msp_sneaky:

I don't think you scared anyone. You just come across as a jerk and people probably have enough jerks around them already. That's just my opinion. I haven't taken an official poll.
Best regards,
Phil

I was wondering if any of you guys have one of the tracked man lift? The ones that fit through gates and self level, are they worth the incredible amount of $$$ they cost? I would really like some input guys so chime in!

Well back on topic: IMO they are not worth it to own, renting or leasing is more of a viable option for a tree guy who only has the occasional use for such a lift.

Well back on topic: IMO they are not worth it to own, renting or leasing is more of a viable option for a tree guy who only has the occasional use for such a lift.

I would think it would get used almost every day?? I have checked into rental and they are SUPER expensive. I wanna say it was so much that if u rented one twice a month...theres your payment....Although I am assuming cuz I really dont know what the payment would be. I guess it would be pretty darn high.

I don't think you scared anyone. You just come across as a jerk and people probably have enough jerks around them already. That's just my opinion. I haven't taken an official poll.
Best regards,
Phil

Jerk? Why, cuz he schooled all of us on the facts of the fmc rules in this country? LOL. People were providing blatantly false info as fact on this thread, and he was the only one who backed his up with actual regs. I think the "scared everyone off" comment weas uneeded, but then again, sometimes it's ok to gloat with all the "think I know everything chooches on this site".. LOL... I enjoy getting schooled everyonce in a while, reminds me that there is still info to learn on this earth....

You would have to use it every day to justify the expense. Around here I have come across one yard where a narrow access lift would come in handy but not a necessity for me at least. But hey, if a guy has the work for one then pull that trigger and make that money. The rentals are spendy as hell, yes sir indeedy, but way cheeper than a purchase. I have battled the idea of buying a Genie or a Nifty but after crunching the numbers renting is cheaper, for me anyway.

You`re too funny..............everyone is a bad man on the internet & knows everything & I doubt you blew off the scale houses..............Please, false plates & the rest of what you said??????????? & to fly in a lawyer....you dont make that much if you`re driving a Lil 54K log truck...............!

LXT....................Hey I didnt write the stuff I just adhere to it!

Pictures to prove it, and my attorney is on retainer.... They don't bother coming after an empty truck, there's nothing to weigh, they could have checked the fuel for dye, but I guess they had better things to do that day with the dozen combos they had lined up with their ONE DOT explorer they had onsite. Never claimed to know everything, unlike some people I've run into. But I know what I know if you can make sense out of that.......

No offense but you are a little slow aren't you? Maybe illiterate as well?

You are mixing two completly different sections of the reguations when you talk about 17k and safety inspections. If you would read and understand the regulations you would know the difference.

Like I already said. When talking about CDLs that particualr GCWR is meaningless.

If you are only talking about your state why do you keep bringing up the FMCSR?

None of this has anything to do with CDLs. Again you should know this.

Class A CDL but I know when it is needed and when it is not. That is the difference between me and you. I know when it is needed and when it is not.

Further proof that you really don't have a clue. A basic class C doesn't have an air brake restriction now does it? Just think about that for a minute.

Air brakes DON'T require a CDL even if they did your supposed 25k truck would only need a CDL class C. Like i have already said air brakes are the same for all classes of CDL. All can be had with or with out an air brake restriction. Yet again you have failed to show anything that says a CDL is needed for your 25k truck. Can you see the pattern here? You can't seem to back up a single statement that you make.

I am starting to think the best part of you run down your moms leg.

ps Since you can't seem to find your way to any correct info about PA CDL requirements why don't you check this out. It's called a FACT SHEET.

http://www.dmv.state.pa.us/pdotforms/fact_sheets/fs-cdl.pdf

You will notice that class B CDLs don't start until you are north of 26k. Same for class A, not until the GCWR is north of 26k. :rock:

I can only think your dad shot his load into the electric fence during a goat molestation???

1st off......QMC pal......Qualified motor carrier check that!!

2nd...in Pa.......In order to have airbrakes you must sit the general knowledge test.....you can only sit the general knowledge test to upgrade class provided you are 18 & already have a class C.....so therefore airbrakes cannot technically be had with a class C in PA! even if your truck is south of 26,000

Ya see you are going by the literally book sense of things & I am going by the real life way it is!!! big difference! even though technically according to your Lil J.J. Keller FMCSR you are right..................different states have different laws...example my lil ball bag.............try driving a triple trailer through PA, or hauling a 138k load like out west & as far as you thinking these are all 2 different issues pertaining to CDL????

However you wanna put the play on words......I have 25k truck & 12k trailer & due to the combo weight (GCWR) of them I am forced to have a MCRT (motor carrier road tax).......so maybe not "technically" a CDL issue.....BUT, drive without that sticker & see if the fine doesnt resemble what billy big rigger in the kenworth would get!!!!

with you its all semantics, Blakes might be fine in his neck of the woods...............maybe you two should drive down 79 by the cranberry/zelienople area of PA & see how the line of vans & troopers treat you????

what you are missing? the CDL, if you have one? is 24/7 & you will be fined accordingly! Scared me off???? BWAHAHAHA

Look.....you know the regulations in the technical sense(by the book)........but not in the real life literal sense, Ive driven the lower 48 & have mustered through many DOT checks & then in some states I have been slammed on an issue that wasnt one in another state..............In PA they are fairly tough & no lawyer on retainer is gonna save ya......

I dont knowitall by any means, but my logs, trucks & records are clean, legible & will pass the audit.......so I must know enough of something uh??? Blakes.....hey, if this meatwhistles love of the regs works for you & Mr. DOT up your way? then thats good!

ohh & a basic class c.....does have a restriction for airbrakes........ its called the motor vehicle code of PA, try driving an airbrake equipped vehicle with a class C...... im sure the fine will show you what section you just violated....but hey, just tell him what you told me! that should lessen the fine.............NOT!

That fact sheet.......... leaves out a lot of info, you got your beans over the frank if you think 1 page sums up the CDL laws in PA sprout!!! LOL

HAMMERDOWN!

LXT................

Last edited:
2nd...in Pa.......In order to have airbrakes you must sit the general knowledge test.....you can only sit the general knowledge test to upgrade class provided you are 18 & already have a class C.....so therefore airbrakes cannot technically be had with a class C in PA! even if your truck is south of 26,000

It would be a CDL class C. Why is this so hard for you to understand? Don't take my word for it look it up yourself. Or have your mama do it for you since you obviously can't read.

Ya see you are going by the literally book sense of things & I am going by the real life way it is!!! big difference! even though technically according to your Lil J.J. Keller FMCSR you are right..................different states have different laws...example my lil ball bag.............try driving a triple trailer through PA, or hauling a 138k load like out west & as far as you thinking these are all 2 different issues pertaining to CDL????

None of that is a CDL issue. But why would you know that?

with you its all semantics, Blakes might be fine in his neck of the woods...............maybe you two should drive down 79 by the cranberry/zelienople area of PA & see how the line of vans & troopers treat you????

Again you have no clue. I would think you would know that by now but I guess you don't.

ohh & a basic class c.....does have a restriction for airbrakes........ its called the motor vehicle code of PA, try driving an airbrake equipped vehicle with a class C...... im sure the fine will show you what section you just violated....but hey, just tell him what you told me! that should lessen the fine.............NOT!

So show us. Oh wait you can't because it don't exist.

You can't back up a single focking statement with fact can you? your such a baffoon.

If you can't understand the air brake thing the rest is way over your head.

Just post one link or source to back up a single thing you have said. :msp_mellow:

Last edited:
I must have to write it in crayon!!!!!

Class C CDL IN PA...................you can only get endorsements on a Class C!!!!!![/I] which would make it a CDL...however you can not have airbrakes on a class C CDL IN PA did you not read how the testing protocol is set up?

before you can take the airbrake exam (you with me?) you must take the General knowledge....however you must be 18 & have a Class C already (still with me)....the general knowledge is for upgrade in class only which means......drum roll....you must upgrade to atleast a Class B....God....you are so dumb you even smell stupid....!!!

Yeah you keep saying nothing is CDL related....funny how everything I mentioned is in the PA DOT truckers handbook!!!.....they just put things in there that have nothing to do with CDL, Did the doctor smack you immediately when exiting the birth canal? cause if not......perhaps the lack of oxygen is the issue in your latter years!!!

Beings you are so familiar with air brakes....then enlighten me on the pretrip procedure in cab & out of cab....Please!!!!! you wouldnt know how to adjust a slack adjuster if your life depended on it...or cage the emergency spring brakes when they screw up!!

you are someone who read a book & thinks he knowsit all, AGAIN....what kinda rig do you drive, tell me!!!! you just dont understand that there are laws outside of the FMCSR per state! do ya? I know this is not a CDL issue

I guess you dont need hazmat when hauling reportable quantities in a Truck south of 26K either uhh.......I mean its not a CDL issue...............you give us a 1 page fact sheet & think that governs all of the CDL laws in PA

Read the PA truckers handbook & what constitutes a CMV there are only 25 classes of truck, truck-tractor & combination registrations!! if the truck is used to tow a full trailer or semi trailer registered in excess of 10,000 pounds the truck is required to be registered as a combination & if the combination weight exceeds 17,001 pounds the driver is required to carry a med card & must possess a valid commercial drivers license.....................still not a CDL issue?????

you are so good at checking things Im sure you will find the vehicle code regarding driving an airbrake equipped vehicle when not certified to do such, Im sure you`re able to check & get a copy of the truckers handbook.....what more info do you need after all these arent a CDL issue.........LOL, they`re just in addition to!

LXT..............

NOW I understand!!!!!!!!

Fatmax.......what a biography...the about me page of yours is to die for!

Pig sticker...........interest: Pigs self stated pig banger.....Literally!!! yeah Im gonna trust in you????? NOT, you guys can rep him, give him likes & listen to him...LMFAO!!

good luck with all that!!!

LXT............

Ok who gives a #### about tracked lifts this back and forth banter is priceless!! Beer and peanuts for everybody :popcorn::popcorn:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back