Training video, felling a side leaner

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:givebeer: I didn't see anything unsafe about that video at tall. what size rope was the side rope and was it cinched up real tight? Great video KING EKKa

The side rope was 9000kg breaking strength.

No, I did not cinch it up tight, I had it a little slack on purpose to stack the odds against me.

Normally I would put a little pressure on it, maybe 500kg, however I wanted to show that it works. Had I have cinched it up tight then some-one would argue I pulled the tree around etc. :monkey:

As long as this thread is back in play, I have a question... How was the offset angle determined between the scarf angle and fall line?

It's simple really.

You stand at the trunk, look up, walk out the required amount until you are satisfied you are beneath the area you want to use as the "centre or head". Then pace it out to the trunk.

Then walk out the approximate distance of the tree, step out the distance of offset to the opposite direction. Put a marker down because that is where you need to line up your notch.

The diagrams below should help.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Latest posts

Back