Tree Clean Up Job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lknchoppers

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I would like some insight on a job like this in the attached pictures. A guy answered my ad on craigslist that I have. I usually pickup small jobs to get firewood which is my main business. I don't take down trees, I only do removal. I have never dealt with a job this large. It's 2.5-3 acres of trees that have already been cut. There is quite a bit of good hardwood in there but a lot of small stuff that needs to be chipped. I may just try to partner up with a bigger outfit and just get the wood I want. I do not have a chipper but my removals could benefit from one. How much could one charge to clean this place up and leave the chips onsite? I would only want to take this on if I could make a good buck doing it. Thanks,

INBOX3659b0e323cf930e4c2e1198eeff3262cb2b.jpg INBOX365984695a35c6ba794b4ec80102fc9e178c.jpg

My answer is a little different. First estimate how long it will take and if you've never done something similar then add at least 50% to the time you think it will take. Then figure how much the chipper will cost you to rent, the fuel you'll use, the chains, files, saw fuel, bar oil, etc you'll use, don't forget labor if you hire a laborer. After that shoot for around 500 per day profit and you'd be bidding low in my area.

If you have no over head and don't feel comfortable charging that much pay yourself at least 30 an hour for your estimated time including drive time.

Just realized this was an old post, oh well

My answer is a little different. First estimate how long it will take and if you've never done something similar then add at least 50% to the time you think it will take. Then figure how much the chipper will cost you to rent, the fuel you'll use, the chains, files, saw fuel, bar oil, etc you'll use, don't forget labor if you hire a laborer. After that shoot for around 500 per day profit and you'd be bidding low in my area.

If you have no over head and don't feel comfortable charging that much pay yourself at least 30 an hour for your estimated time including drive time.

Just realized this was an old post, oh well

Thanks for the insight. Since I did not have the experience with estimating a job like this I told the owner he would have to get somebody else.

Back