Tree Jacks

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

2dogs

Addicted to ArboristSite
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Timber West magazine this month mentions Borntrager tree jacks. The only add I could find looked pretty funky, there is no way I would send off $2K with no brick and mortar address. I can not find a web site either. I have not made a phone call to Madsen's yet to as them yet, I just thought I would start here. Has anyone seen their jacks or heard anything about the?

If anyone comes across a used Silvey, any style, I would be interested. The last few I have seen for sale were outrageously priced, as in WAY more than new.

I don't usually hang over here in the F&L section, but I saw this post from the main page. I have seen those jacks or some other name advertised on Craigslist on several times this past year.

It caught my interest knowing what happened to Silvey.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing an ad for Borntrager in Logger's World, Sawmill & Woodlot or Lumbermen's Equipment Digest. Those are the three timber publictions that I subscribe to.

Regards.

I don't usually hang over here in the F&L section, but I saw this post from the main page. I have seen those jacks or some other name advertised on Craigslist on several times this past year.

It caught my interest knowing what happened to Silvey.

I may be wrong, but I don't recall seeing an ad for Borntrager in Logger's World, Sawmill & Woodlot or Lumbermen's Equipment Digest. Those are the three timber publictions that I subscribe to.

Regards.
I haven't seen any adds either. Where in Cali are you? I am in Santa Cruz.

Jack report...while having lunch at the Samoa Cookhouse

Me..."How do you like those new jacks?"
Faller friend..."Pretty ****ing good."
Me..."Better than Silvey?"
Faller friend..."No, but close enough."
Me..."Hold pressure pretty good?"
Faller friend "Good enough I guess. Pass that meat platter over here will ya'?"

I'll be able to tell more about them next week. There's some OG to come out and every one has to be jacked.

Well that is good news. I'll be right here waiting on the next report. BTW did your friend say how long it took to get one?

I didn't ask. I'll find out. I should probably have waited until I see the jacks in action to say anything. My friend isn't much for talking. Good faller, though.

i really wish i knew just what can be done with a jack in the timber here. i hate to leave good sticks. i just have no clue how much the hinge would take in a jacking situation.
i am gonna leave a half load of huge poplar out by the road, every one of them wants the road and power line........i already wedged what i thought i could. one has a huge top, prolly heavier than the stem leaning toward the road. very busy road.

Latest posts

Back