tree pusher

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Depending on your pole............. a slanted backcut can be handy, but we are talkinking about falling a limbless pole to a freaction of an inch.

Last year I fell one within 2 inches of my marker and got 6th place.

Fred

I'm not totally condeming a regular back cut because I use them to but for goosed out trees that are standing on a rind of wood or a pull tree I use a diagonal back cut and back it up with wedges even the larger proffesional companies use it around here.

Last edited:
Just perousing the site and noticed someone defending the sloped back cut. idiot.

Like, it makes the tree think its like leaning the other way and it always works. Right. farmers cut. You obviously know nothing about the physics and function of the hinge or how it works. A top end skilled cutter will put the tree exactly where we want it, exactly, every time, especially when we get paid for doing it around all your SCARY obstacles.

Better keep using those ropes dude, cause your sloped back cut ain't helping with jack.

hammerlogging doesn't know anything either, he's a novice as well. Cut your heart out with the methods you were taught.

well, well, well........

hammerlogging doesn't know anything either, he's a novice as well. Cut your heart out with the methods you were taught.

If the method they where taught is stupid and dangerous, then they need told different. DO NOT USE A SLANTED BACKCUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol geze i dont understand whats so hard to understand about a slanted back cut being dangerous :bang: i have had to ride out a tree before and luckuly i only ended up with a bent bar. i would prolly be dead if that would have been a slanted back cut. luckuly i learned the right way. just dont cut any hicory trees that are almost bent in half from ice with that slanted back cut and maby u will at least live to tell why u dont slant your backcut.:greenchainsaw:

Latest posts

Back