Tree Removal Pricing

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just ran your calculator on a fair sized sweet gum in my front yard and you beat me by 750.00 however it has power lines on three sides,,, 18' from a 7.2 kV hi tension distribution line with pole mounted Xfmer that feeds two houses and will require blocking down around two house power, phone, and cable tv feeds,

For me,,, I wouldnt touch it for less than 1600.00 low and 1800.00 high w/the stump ground

you came in @ 1150.00 but it threw in the disclaimer for less than 15' for the power line,,, and your disposal fee is way cheaper than mine like 125% cheaper

pretty cool the way it works though, Im just not too hip on a garuntee of the price calculated by #'s input by Joe customer,, especially with any hazard tree,, period,,,

Thanks for checking it out. There may be a cost of living difference between the two areas, im not sure. If you are established with a good rep it may very well be lower, too. Right now the calc is designed to come in right at the mean price if yoh would call a bunch of companies. As I responede to another comment, version 2 will be completely customizable to fit your area.

We are working with a few other guys to figure out some sort of licensing agreement. Pm me for more info.

'Great idea! I like the approach of attempting to be consistent. It is an admirable goal toward which we all strive, even if it is never 100% attainable. (I like to remember a quote from Emerson: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds." I try to strive toward being able to discern when my consistency is foolish & when it is wise. . . . ) Keep up the good work.

Sounds like a great thing, but I can't get it to work. When I type in a zip code and hit continue, I get a screen that says "null". What am I doing wrong? I even tried Pevely and De Soto zip codes.

Sounds like a great thing, but I can't get it to work. When I type in a zip code and hit continue, I get a screen that says "null". What am I doing wrong? I even tried Pevely and De Soto zip codes.

I just tried it and it works fine for me...Not sure what the deal is here.

It shouldn't matter what zip code you enter. If it's not in our service territory, it will just pop up that we don't currently service your area...but you can still proceed with the calculations. I called the web designers today and they are looking into any potential problems. I have a feeling the problem is with windows vista. If anyone else cannot access, please let me know what OS and browser you are using. When we first launched it, I couldn't access with windows XP, but that has been resolved.

Last edited:
It shouldn't matter what zip code you enter. If it's not in our service territory, it will just pop up that we don't currently service your area...but you can still proceed with the calculations. I called the web designers today and they are looking into any potential problems. I have a feeling the problem is with windows vista. If anyone else cannot access, please let me know what OS and browser you are using. When we first launched it, I couldn't access with windows XP, but that has been resolved.

just so you know i am running vista and have no problems, using IE 7 or 8 and chrome

Nope, I am using Firefox and Windows XP and could access it just fine. I did have to click through the zip code stuff before I could access it.

Problems should be fixed

Any of you that had problems, check back when you can. They found some issues and should be fixed. Thanks, all!

this thing was good on the smaller trees, a little low on the monsters. i input the sizes from some bigger technical takedowns from the past, and it came up about 50% shy of what the man hours/cost took.

the drivable surface should be more specific, sometimes a structure will get in the way of a chipper or truck, or the path will be too narrow.

something about service (low voltage/communications) wires should be in the overhang section.

Hi fellas,
I'm new to the forum, but really want to see what everyone thinks about this. I've spent the past 4-5 years trying to normalize tree removal pricing by common factors, ie. tree size, location, etc... I think I am pretty close to having it down, and wanted to see what others in the industry think of this.

I've created a page on my website that allows customers to enter six measurements from their tree: DBH, Height, Spread, Distance from driveable surfaces, distance from powerlines, and percentage of overhang. From these measurements, my formula calculates: Tree Takedown cost, Cleanup cost, and debris disposal cost. There is a disclaimer at the end, but under normal circumstances, with accurate measurements, the quote is guaranteed to be accurate. The page is still fairly new, but so far, it's been competitive in my area while still giving profitable quotes.

I hope I don't get kicked out on my first post, but I'm going to give you the link so you can let me know what you think.
Constructive criticism is welcomed.
Thanks in advance to you all.

Tree Removal Cost Calculator

That is really cool. Gunna do a app? Would be sweet. Would like to have suntim like dat on my site. You going to market and sell or what!

Back