Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

treestuff ships by fed ex :(

Discussion in 'TreeStuff.com' started by Definitive Dave, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Definitive Dave

Definitive Dave ArboristSite.com Sponsor

How bout this - I decide not to patronize Sherrilltree, NOT because they are too expensive or have bad service, but because these goat-raping Neanderthals insist on sending me at least one spam e-mail every day, despite saying they wouldn't and promising me it would stop on three separate occasions. So Sunday night I order about $1000.00 in new climbing gear for a job scheduled this Friday (tomorrow) from Treestuff.com who seem to be great according to the interwebs.
    I qualify for free FedEx ground and use a coupon code for 5% off. The shipping map shows 1 day service by Ground to me but I pay extra for Express Saver to be sure it gets here early. Tracking shows delivery by 8:00 PM tomorrow, Fed Ex spreads venereal warts by mere casual contact, they suck so very very much!!!!!! Shipment was ready for pickup at treestuff well before noon on Monday and FedEx didn't pick it up until 6PM Tuesday. Then it takes three days to travel about a 2 hours drive. I can't even go pick it up a the hub 10 min from me because even though It as been here since yesterday, it is still loaded on a container truck yet to be unloaded. If I worked this inefficiently I would expect my customers to kick me in the balls daily.
    Dmf'nDave

cus_deluxe and Rookie1 like this.
  2. KenJax Tree

KenJax Tree Terraphobic

Never had a problem with FedEx...UPS is another story

Definitive Dave likes this.
  3. Definitive Dave

I wonder if it is a regional thing or just a localized disturbance in the force?
    My household is a pack of rabid Amazon.com junkies, everything arrives like magic in two days from the click of the mouse. UPS or the Post Office seem damn near 100% flawless in this area, Fed ex not so much :)

4. Overwatch

Overwatch ArboristSite Member

Here in Cinci, the post orifice almost always delivers packages WAY behind schedule. I can't ever recall having had any similar delay or problem with fedex.

5. sac-climber

sac-climber ArboristSite Operative

I usually get mine in 4-5 days depending on when the order is placed. I can live with that most times.

6. Definitive Dave

So I picked up my order from TreeStuff and couldn't be happier. It looked like the box had been thrown down a flight of stairs, but the only thing broken was the saddle clip for the new Silky Zubat. A quick call to Treestuff and a replacement is on the way.
    Probably make my second order with them this week and will NOT choose any special shipping. Lesson Learned - paying extra for shipping makes it slower :)
    DDave

7. matt 440

matt 440 ArboristSite Lurker

do you know if they ship to NZ?

8. TC262

TC262 ArboristSite Operative

I live in SE Wisconsin and usuall have my treestuff packages on my doorstep the afternoon after I order it!

9. ckliff

ckliff Addicted to ArboristSite

FWIW - I've never had a problem with Sherrill.

10. treesmith

treesmith tree hugger/cutter

They ship to Australia so should do