trigger interlock replacement

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Krause

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
i broke the interlocking safety trigger on my 395 and my 385. has anyone replaced one of these. do i have to split the fuel tank? any helpful hints would be appreciated.

im pretty sure you can do it without spliting the fuel tank but take the fueltank\handle off the saw. there should be two little pins you have to pop out, one pin holds the trigger and the other pin holds the lock. both the trigger and lock use these pins to pivot on. it can be a pain in the ass to get things back in there and properly aligned but it can be done. i just had my 371xp apart last week because my throtle cable fell off inside the handle and i had to take the whole trigger assembly out to get the cable back on.

Last edited:
You Really Don't Have To Take The Tank Off Just Take The Pin Out
And Replace Interlock.

takes 5 minutes push the pin out for the interlock wiggle out the broken piece put new part in with a little twist locate spring into rear of interlock-reinstall pin done

it wil be too dificult to get the pin out for the trigger with the tank on and i dont think he will be able to get the new interlock mechanism on without getting the trigger pin out.
try it first by just taking the interlock pin out and see if you can get it like that but im pretty sure the trigger has to be borught forward to allow enough room to pull the interlock out.

I Have Done Them Without Taking The Tank Off And It Wasn't Hard At All.

Latest posts

Back