Truckload of logs upstate NY prices

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw a sign today for $700 a triaxle for 7-8 cords....

Where are you in the Binghamton area? My tree company services all of Broome and parts of Tioga. We're always looking to sell excess wood from our tree jobs for cheap. If you're not out of the way we normally only charge $75 for a load from our chip truck. About 2 cords worth.
Blake's master how would I contact you to inquire about a wood delivery?

Not, NY, MI here.

I bought my last load of logs I hope to every have to buy....

One of the local tree companies sells a truck load for $250 delivered. All logs. The first one I purchased netted me around 3.3 full cords. I have 2 sitting in the turnaround to be processed this winter.

Other than that, split prices range between $50 per face up to $250.

I got about 10 cords of mostly cottonwood tree tops, 8" to 12" dia, in 9' lengths for $400. That's three bunk loads on a flatbed truck picker. Next year I promised him $420 for the same load. Most of it was dry enough to cut to length, split, and burn or sell immediately. Here's the dropped load:

All but two truckloads are now cut to length, split, bundled, and sold for campfires.

Just paid $750 for a tri-axle load in central MA. Get about 6.5 cords out of it.

Just paid $750 for a tri-axle load in central MA. Get about 6.5 cords out of it.
Looks like I did very well. But, remember that eastern cottonwood is not a fuel wood in the same league as ash, oak, hard maple, hickory, locust, red elm, etc. I bought dry cottonwood, and it works very well for campfires. Your price actually seems very good.

I didn't realize I had so many forum neighbors. I'm in Owego in Tioga county about 22 miles west of Binghamton. I just get my wood off the farm. The electric company did me a good turn last April by dropping a bunch of trees that interfered with the power lines. Neighbors were glad I was willing to take it. Lots of hardwood made the wood pile from that adventure.

Well I gave my logger buddies Honeycrisp apples I grow. (They are really good apples) On this day, a pan of brownies for this load.

As far as the trucking, I ran a Cat 277 skid steer for 7 hours as a trade for the hauling.

2isa3yc.jpg

v3gitu.jpg

jhdjs4.jpg

qq8gf8.jpg

Back