Truckload of logs?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PA burners

do they durn coal there instead of wood? My Aunt still burns coal in Connellsville all winter. I think her son gets it for "free" somehow. easier to load and burns longer and hotter. No stacking thats for sure. There was a big to do a couple years ago about donating wood to some native tribe, who was buring it for heat. Some charitable organization got the idea to pick up donated wood and haul it to the reservation. After all said and done, they could have just paid the heating bill and saved money! They hauled wood for 1000s of miles in some cases.

Eastern Kentucky here. I can go on our farm and dig coal with a spade and a pick. Coal is very cheap in this area and is used alot in home stoves. I use it to burn wood that is a little green that I won't sell to other people.

You can just dig coal like that? Incredible!! I have gotta see that. It took me driving all over town looking for an old railroad depot to find chunks of coal....

We get most of our coal from Wyoming because they have such pure grades of it. Trains with a 100 cars will pull in with their load of coal, turn around, and head back out. Just to feed one powerplant. Nuclear seems really appealing to me... (let's not get in a discussion about that)

Nickrosis

There is an 8ft seam of coal that runs under about half of our entire farm. There are several places that my family has dug coal by hand for generations. We usually take a tractor and a grader blade and knock the dirt back, bust out as much coal as we think we need for a winter, then cover it back over. I don't like burning coal cause it wreaks havoc on my sinus's

Back