Welcome to ArboristSite.com! Log in or Sign up to interact with the ArboristSite community.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors

1. Please see this post Click Here Please ask questions if you have them!! I hope this is going to be great for us all.
    Dismiss Notice

try to guess what caused this....

Discussion in 'Trivia' started by noodlewalker, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Man of the Woods

Man of the Woods New Member

A city slicker moved into a country home that was heated by a stove and fireplace. The previous owner had left him a pile of seasoned logs, so he went shopping for a chainsaw. He told the dealer what he needed and the dealer said I've got just the saw you need. He told the city slicker it would cut plenty of wood to keep his house heated. A few days later the city slicker showed up looking a bit "worn out" and carrying his saw. He told the dealer he could barely get 2 logs cut per day.
    The dealer said "Let's take it to the shop and check it out." The dealer primed it, choked it and cranked it and it started immediately. Sounded great to the dealer's ear. The city slicker, looking a bit confused said "What is all that noise!!"

2. turnkey4099

turnkey4099 Tree Freak

That's a very, very old joke, I think Adam told it to Eve.

3. buzz sawyer

buzz sawyer Addicted to ArboristSite

Western border of mid-southern northern WV
    Very effective (but expensive) way of learning when to stop cutting because you hit something that is harder than wood.

super3 and moondoggie like this.
  4. ironman_gq

ironman_gq Addicted to ArboristSite

Found several bullets when I run the saw right through them, copper and lead are pretty soft and I never noticed it happened till I saw them in the wood. No damage to the chain just a neat thing to show people. One time I went to noodle a larger knotty log and found out that someone had gone nuts with a bag of 16d nails and drove them all over that log. Brand new chain and first cut with that saw after rebuilding it, took a while to get that chain straightened back out.

5. noodlewalker

noodlewalker ArboristSite Operative

I would love to see some pictures of that-----i have a friend who goes on a camping trip every summer with his uncle and several other gun enthusiasts to a certain plot of forest land to shoot their arsenals at trees. they paint a red line at the top and bottom of an area on a tree (or several), then aim at the area between the lines and unload several rounds into them. he tells me they don't stop til they run out of bullets or the trees fall.... sounds like an awesome trip to me!!

you must cut wood where he camps!!