trying to buy firewood logs.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

speeco

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Here in Hillsdale county Mich. Have a order placed with local logging company. For four weeks. And still no loggs, I am beginning to think I will never see them. So I need to find someone to bring me a semi load. Soon seems these guys never do what they say they will. Bad very bad business owners. Have told him cash money for his asking price. So I need to find a new source . thank you.

Sometimes its a cra* truck drivers fault. We got a pretty lame one who delivers our firewood, always broke down, never does what he says. Wish they would find a more reliable driver. I know the guys I work for have lost a few customers that way. But you can only say so much.

If you lived in montana I'd hook you up but then again you'd have to go through ^^^^^^^^^
Sorry to hear about your delay. Tough to find good business people to deal with nowadays. I have been around enough loggers to know very few you can trust, the rest just spew diarrhea out their mouth.

Theres a lot of variables in Logging that dictate when and where things get hauled as well as if the wood is even getting to the landing. Typically when someone calls me looking for wood they get put on a list unless they are right around the corner from the job. Then I might bump them up the list. The logging buisness is not like going to the store or ordering something off of Amazon. Sometimes it takes time.

Here in Hillsdale county Mich. Have a order placed with local logging company. For four weeks. And still no loggs, I am beginning to think I will never see them. So I need to find someone to bring me a semi load. Soon seems these guys never do what they say they will. Bad very bad business owners. Have told him cash money for his asking price. So I need to find a new source . thank you.

fire wood is a bonus for loggers, not what we rely on, saw logs are our #1 priority, firewood is an as we can get to it and if its worth the effort deal. Frankly its not worth my effort, 700 tweekers can under sale me all day every day.

Could take 4 weeks could take 6 months, supply and demand etc. its a limited supply and a lot of demand.

Mostly log for firewood here, the saw logs are a bonus. No mills like in the L48 though.

communication is still king, have you called them, or have they called you?
yes I have he won't answer his phone. I have called 11 times he has only answered twice. also I have texted him all my info address etc. Per his asking.

yes I have he won't answer his phone. I have called 11 times he has only answered twice. also I have texted him all my info address etc. Per his asking.
Maybe he has no good news for you. I get guys busting my nuts like that all the time. Usually around this time of year because winter is coming. they could have called the other 7 months of the year but they wait til the last minute. Chill the hell out. It's not emergency medical supplies, it's wood. Shop around if you can. You will find similar situations. I got into an argument about this with guys in the firewood forum once. Same situation. Prior planning is usually the name of the game with firewood. Lots of variables like I said. Weather, breakdowns, distance from the job, truckers show when they can, etc. And like Northman said firewood is a by product. We also don't stockpile it so it's on demand for whenever someone needs wood immediately. Often times the Trucker will want s days worth of firewood hauling because they hate hauling firewood to homeowners. Usually they try to get them lined up in the same general area. It can be difficult to get 4-5 landowners all lined up with approximate times And everything has to go right (usually doesn't).

its not uncommon for loggers to be out of cell phone range, or surrounded by noise, I miss more calls than I get, and only a few are worth answering anyway. Leave a message if he has some fyre wood he'll bring it, if not, shop around.

Our contracts specify get the marked trees out. After that, it's mostly on the contractor. Some landing debris is usually left over, which we sell for firewood. It usually lasts about 15 minutes. The pile of stems we hauled out of the road during fires this year is already gone, too.

its not uncommon for loggers to be out of cell phone range, or surrounded by noise, I miss more calls than I get, and only a few are worth answering anyway. Leave a message if he has some fyre wood he'll bring it, if not, shop around.

I tend to let messages go to voice mail and go through them the next morning and make calls back. If I answered every call during the day I'd never get anything done!

My voicemail says to go to my website/send an email. Email is better, I can do that at night or early AM. What is frustrating is 99% of the info is on the website, but I still get some folks that ask price, then argue that so and so meth head sells it for x price, the wood NEEDS to be this that and the other (crazy stuff like no bark, popsicle stick splits, only delivered on a Tuesday between the hours of 1412 to 1416... oh, driveway is a "little" steep (ie.. mtn goat would have trouble).

Did I mention I need a secretary? Haha. Preferably blonde, about 5ft 8, 130lbs, etc...

Oh, the worst is people that do the "I called you 38 times in the last 4 days".
Huh, odd, I never got a voicemail.
"Well... I don't do the voicemail"

That's my problem?

99% of the people figure it out, it's the 1% that I wonder how they've made it this far in life!

Sounding like snow plowing homeowners drives can't come before X but has to be done by Y . where to push snow to. oh and watch out for the pipe sticking up somewhere and on and on. I do not do home owners drives any more. Sometimes I even sell a little wood- nope no deliveries.

Latest posts

Back