U-Bolt size for MKIII

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tugmyroo

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
can any one tell me the u-bolt size on the Granberg MKlll mini mill, i know its a 5/16. what about length and such. i snapped mine :( thanks

can any one tell me the u-bolt size on the Granberg MKlll mini mill, i know its a 5/16. what about length and such. i snapped mine :( thanks

I am not near mine just now. Where in Canada are you? I'm on van island. If you were close I'm sure we could work out an emergency u bolt loan from mine.

hehe. thanks man, but i am in prince george BC right now. im going back home in a day or so, thats why im looking for some info on the u-bolt. We might not have any stores to buy it back home. i would then need to order it but Canada post is planing striking. and i dont have my bolt on me :) thanks tho for the offer

I just took the calipers to mine..
Overall length is 2".75
diameter .272 ( 9/32ish)
center to center 1.65( 1" 11/16ish)

I dont think you will be able to buy the exact one as I think its a'' Chinese , make up your own numbers POS) but you should be able to get something that will work..
G Vavra

I just took the calipers to mine..
Overall length is 2".75
diameter .272 ( 9/32ish)
center to center 1.65( 1" 11/16ish)

I dont think you will be able to buy the exact one as I think its a'' Chinese , make up your own numbers POS) but you should be able to get something that will work..
G Vavra

SWEET thanks for taking the time to do that. i will try some stores around here

I buy mine at the local hardware store. I don't think they are the same grade though. I keep a couple in my tool box just incase I strip one

Chris

I replaced mine with a stainless one from NAPA. It was the right diameter but a little long which I remedied with coupler nuts which makes access to them easier
Think it was a muffler u bolt

Nice man, i there is a NAPA store close by. i bought a ubolt at crappy tire. its a bit small, but it works. I like the stainless idea, i think the one i got is made out of zinc

The problem with SS in this sort of application is that the threads (inside the nut)will gall up after awhile making them useless. Go for some grade 10.9 (metric) or a grade 8 standard Ubolts...

The problem with SS in this sort of application is that the threads (inside the nut)will gall up after awhile making them useless. Go for some grade 10.9 (metric) or a grade 8 standard Ubolts...

I've used mine a lot and the threads are just fine, maybe the fact that the coupler nut is softer than the stainless

I was just going to edit what I said ,,,adding that I use a cordless impact driver to loosen/tighten bolts , and I'm sure that add to messing up the threads!!!!
G Vavra

Back