uh oh

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jackbnimble

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
i did it now boys. don't know what i did, but i did something.

Used my 2 1/2 year old 660 mag for 10 minutes today and it seized. gas w/stihl oil mix, babied. hardly used. had nothing but bad luck with this saw since I bought it. Thoughts? anyone have a cure for suicidal dreaming?

Oh no. I'm sure you've already checked the simple things first. Like removing bar and chain and making sure the clutch is ok. And the starter hasn't laid an egg. If the cylinder is sure enough seized up then that's probably the end of that top end. I had a boat motor lock up once running wide open. Water impeller went out. Raised the motor up and poured diesel in every spark plug hole and let it set 24 hrs. Turned it over to blow the diesel out and installed plugs. It finally started turning over and eventually cranked and ran. But never the same.

i did it now boys. don't know what i did, but i did something.

Used my 2 1/2 year old 660 mag for 10 minutes today and it seized. gas w/stihl oil mix, babied. hardly used. had nothing but bad luck with this saw since I bought it. Thoughts? anyone have a cure for suicidal dreaming?

You need to talk to the good Doctor (Dr Proteus). He always has good ideas. You can find him in the Commercial forum.

I don't know. Just happened. Use 91 or higher octane and the best gas oil mix available. What the heck went wrong? I'm stunned.

Sorry Jack, bad joke, in reference to another thread. There are 3 main causes for lean seize, but I am guessing you already know what they are. Have you had a chance to remove muffler and take a look?

Back