UK stumpgrinders in a cooperative network

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has picked up for me thank goodness, a few calls and most of them are making it to jobs.....good to have you back stumped!.
(as for the website i am tweaking it but things are playing up....watch that space). but yes, jeremy from stumps away advertises his local company nationally on google and he is passing work on that he is too far away to deal with....this proves that we need a national presence....this website, hopefully in a better format should be up in the rating in 6 weeks, so say the hosts (after a bung of £60) so watch that space....keep an eye on your website clicks.....

uk stumpgrinders

been a long time since the last post.........thought i might try and re-light the fire,spoke to stumpy 66 today (at last!)still keen and confident.
now come on lads (ladies if there is any) surely me and stumpy are not p*****g in the wind with our enthusiasm ?......at the very least we should be talking to each other :bowdown:

I second that

yes I know were all busy in the summer .but this time of year and weather changing we should have more time for talking typing.any body get any new toys this year? is it just me or do all machines give you trouble just when you really need them? Big jobs,:dizzy: important customers,that kind of thing.:chainsaw:

After that cant decide between vemeer sc252 or carlton4012 both close on 20,000 euros thats alot of stumps not agreat range over here .

uk stumpgrinders

don,t knock these small machines.....i have for a number of years operated a rayco rg9 along side my other machines.this machine is working 3 days a week every week!.....bread & butter.....its a personal opinion but i think volume and consistent work only comes from the domestic back garden and if you can't get at em you cant bust em

uk stumpgrinders

that level of investment takes some thinking about......i find the 252 ok.....anything bigger i would be tempted to hire in if i needed it,but so far we have covered everthing asked of us.......i dont know if you would consider used machines, a guy in hartlepool.... alan mason.....masonwoodchippers brings in from the usa ex hire machines and recons them....i've dealt with him......seems sound,

I see on you site you have /had an alpine Magnum are they any good? did it get much use ? and your vermeer do you find it reliable are parts expensive?

uk stumpgrinders

fingers crossed :taped: not had to buy bits for the 252 yet..........alpine magnum.....not my machine.....belongs to a mate,have used it in the past and liked it.....3500 quid new......mate raves about it and don,t intend to use anything else(access again)......i'm using his again next week on a hawthorn hedge on a steep slope if all's well going to ask santa to bring me one:blob2:

Well done boys, good to have this thread going again...it was good to speak with you John, it is always good to chat, we all seem to have the same issues and concerns, sharing knowledge always helps....The website still needs tweaking (ie changing completely) and updating but time and lack of dreamweaver hampering things slightly....every stumper i chat with seems happy to talk, and talking should be encouraged....

stomper..let us know how the alpine magnum compares with your current un....should be fun on a slope...should be a good test for it.

co op of stump grinders

or at the very least some kind of giuld of stumpers insured and the like, can be as simple as a recomended list have a web site being built as we speak with links to arborists who give me their stump work, could be stumpers in areas i dont cover who would do the same for me . a small sub gets you on list , maybe

stump grinders list

good idea found a company that made my website , very good they design it put it on the web make sure its on all main search engines host it ,free up dates ect, for £20 a month its got before and after pictures a gallery i can update any time it should be on line in about aweek if people chip in get a good web site exsplain what we do how we do it with alist of people good contractors in areas all over uk

uk stumpgrinders

good luck with it.......stumpy 66 got the ball rolling and done a lot of work for the benefit of others....me included.......but the support seems slow, independants need some sort of national presence,if you don't blow your own trumpet who's going to blow it for you.........there seems to be a lot of time spent talking about who's got the biggest.....(machine).....i reckon a lot of these machines are parked up at the minute ...lack of stumps not equipment......shared cost of national advertising via a co-op might just change things.......

Have a happy and prosperous new year

hi guys thought i might kick start this tread for the new year hows work ?getting any of them storm damaged trees / stumps Ive had a couple so far :biggrinbounce2: seems their might a lack of stumps over their dose this mean prices are droping? to get the work. :yoyo:

stumps

lots of trees blown over trouble is its so wet the stump comes out too, work is same as last year about this time , i have noticed people hire small stump grinders from hire shops with no spare teeth or pp,then bounce off a 5 foot stump for an hour or til stump is smoldering and black, got a nice job just before xmas grinding a smoldering stump , also people bye a stump grinder on ebay do the work or start a grinding firm find out its hard work, then sell again ,

Latest posts

Back