UK stumpgrinders in a cooperative network

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uk stump grinders

Heres me thinking everbody had abandoned ship!.....lots of work,little motivation........small machines busy,busy.252 gathering dust

dust

there s no dust on my 252 plenty of chippings and lots of mud , tree surgeons and devlopers are busy, trouble is there is alot of i can do that people , chasing stumps , with all these machines about £3000 :deadhorse:

Lads don't make me feel bad. I have 13hp husqvarna and i can get the access the bigger tree guys cant or just not bothered with. side gates throw houses even over a back walls if you have the bodies to lift it last year did a lot of advertising hope fully it pays of this year would love to get a 252 but its half and half the husky struggles on the 30 inc-hers but have done a 43" walnut and 42" horse chestnut. the 252 would fly but you might not have the access plus theres:blob5: two new guy on the seen in the last 10 months. last year when some one would ring i would try put them off for a couple of days see if you might get more in the same area but, when i would call back to make a date client will say they got some one else, so now i try to be quick of the mark unless i have a lot on, this happen in yor neck of the woods??:blob5:guess ill just have to grab any thing .

www.stumpstompers.com

thats my point

you offer a niche service trouble is so do all the other stumpers with small machines , you should be able to name your price , i have two machines a rayco 20hp self prop, that goes most places , if it cant get in i dont want the job ,working with under 20 hp is hard work, and vemeer sc 252 with auto sweep best machine for middle ground work very fast, when we quote for work we are not cheap but if customer wants it done we dont wait about til we have 3or4 in erea , a 43 inch stump is at least £245 to £300 and i would like to be at home eating a sandwich by 1-00.

now that's

wouldn't it be nice to have one of them every day ??.Ive been using the per method but you get caught out on the big stumps your rate sounds much better, think ill try it this year and f**k it if you don't get the job!!!

stump prices

i use a per stump method to if it is 20 small conifers and they are same size, i often charge by the day if we are clearing land you can loose count, otherwise, and we charge by each stump depending on size and so on ,for the public, some people ask can you do it cheaper than they can hire a machine we always beatthe hire company if its only 2xsmall stumps,

uk stumpgrinders

stumpstomper.....don,t let them knock your small machine.....take it from me(20 years + bashing stumps) big machines stand idle .......there ain,t that many big stumps out there, you will find most decent tree outfits now own a stumpgrinder and will cover there own work especally if the stumps worth the sort of money km says he can get?.............if he cant get access he dont want it,in two decades plus i have never been beaten on access so send um to me www.remove-a-treestump.co.uk i,ll do them, this little niche market he talks about with small machines! my best earning stumps have been big ones with no access not 40 inchers in the middle of a f.....g field.

you keep plodding on with your husky.......yes it can be hard graft but i can assure you for that level of investment it.s worth doing.....

had a look at your web site , do you only run small machines, too , i did say that husky was a good little stump grinder but they dont dont take stump out , only below ground, the problem is to many idiots starting stump grinding no insurance , under cut people , most are on the dole, bye a machine off ebay and away you go, ido alot of work for tree sergeons landscapers ect estate agents not many fields , mainly parks large housing estates , schools, you did not read what i said

two big tree surgeon that i work for dont have stump grinders its just another bit of kit to go wrong ,the price that i charge for stumps is about the going rate in london and herts ,some contractors charge alot more than me , ican email you a copy of invoice if you think i am telling porkies

uk stumpgrinders

first of all i think i did read what you said!........perhaps you ought to go back to my machine page and read again..........we operate a broad spectrum of "SMALL" machines to cover any stump and any requirement including a 252, the most cost effective machine on that page is the alpine magnum.....secondly i have never left stump in the ground whatever the location,whatever the machine. if the customer as requested complete removal thats what he gets if it takes a bit longer so be it...perhaps i dont get 300 quid for a mornings work but after 20 years they keep coming... trees & stumps,longevity my friend.....we always seem to afford new kit.
Your comments about the cowboy operators are interesting,talk to any pro arborist about uninsured,unqualified,inexperienced chancers he has to go and price against........why should stumpgrinding be any differant.... but perhaps "big bucks" for a mornings work encourages them? ...........

PS...IS THAT YOUR 252 ON EBAY ?

you seem to have a problem with the prices i charge , iwould not hang off a13hp rayco or any other small machine , for crap money . i noticed you dig them out by hand to ,:hmm3grin2orange:

stump grinding

km stump grinding started 15 years ago with our first nearly new machine a rayco 1635 tow behind model we started at the larger end of the market and have since moved down to the smaller end , when we first started stump grinding ,as part of a landscape and fencing firm, the choice of machines was a chip monk, little david, vemeer, or rayco , the choice was not there, we even pushed a vemeer tow behind ito a back garden to take a stump out, i would not do that now . have alook at our website bit boring at moment next week we are going to crane vemeer over walls and garage , should be fun , we cover all of hertfordshire and north london www.kmstumps.com

Last edited:
stump grinding prices

got to think about my prices for stump grinding , had alook on net to see what other companies charge and how they could aford £30,000 machines now i know they charge £80 plus vat to lookat the job some discount if they get the job and£ £50plus vat an hour from the time they leave base, till the time they finnish or min 3 hours thats not bad,

any one out there

any body still grinding stumps for a living???? stumpy 66
KM stumps
stumped

Last edited:
uk stumpgrinders

I don't know about anyone else but were still bashing away......slowly but surely.......with a regular stream of requests...........it,s a shame the co-op did,nt get off the ground.......how,s it with you?

uk stumpgrinders

nice site......you won't get rich in this game but with customer comments like that you'll always have something to do.......are you happy with your choice of machines......

yes over all it dose the job, more hp would be nice but access is tight on half my work I would like to pick up a 252 at some point .

bye the way it is a pitty the coop never took of rob put a lot of work in to it
is he still going strong.?hope to get a lot more photos up soon.do you still carve the bears

Last edited:
Back