Unbelievable!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Clip on TV tonight showing interview with a Marine veteran who is clearing blowdown trees from the storm in Spokane at no charge. Good for him but...

Clip shows him topping a blowdown leaning just clear of a house roof. He is STANDING on the flipping tree, cuts the top off, tree bounces a couple times and he maintains footing. I could see no safety line or other PPI. I keep wondering what he had planned if the tree stood back up.

Harry K

Clip on TV tonight showing interview with a Marine veteran who is clearing blowdown trees from the storm in Spokane at no charge. Good for him but...

Clip shows him topping a blowdown leaning just clear of a house roof. He is STANDING on the flipping tree, cuts the top off, tree bounces a couple times and he maintains footing. I could see no safety line or other PPI. I keep wondering what he had planned if the tree stood back up.

Harry K

..double back flip, a pike, two immelmans and a "hey ya'all, watch this"!

Harry K
http://www.kxly.com/news/spokane-ne...p-spokane-resident-with-fallen-trees/36644446

Harry K

On the same level of stupidity as this:
http://video.foxnews.com/v/46315833...stack-buries-excavator-driver/?#sp=show-clips

Not chainsaw related but definitely stupid related. They used explosives to level this stack and when it failed to go down, the guy tried to knock it over with his excavator.

Lot of them do but don't want to pay the deductible. Thinking that guy will be selling wood next fall. Although most of the down trees are big knotty ponderosa pine. Buddy wants to go scrounging tomorrow for his shop stove.

Lot of them do but don't want to pay the deductible. Thinking that guy will be selling wood next fall. Although most of the down trees are big knotty ponderosa pine. Buddy wants to go scrounging tomorrow for his shop stove.

Jusst seeing those big trees gives me the 'wants'. If I were closer, I'd be right in there. Not for the wood, just for the fun and exercise cutting up those big trees.

Harry K

We went out today & scrounged some big heavy knotty green ponderosa rounds. Lot of them piled along the streets waiting to be picked up. Luckily my buddy has a crane with a winch on the back of his f350. Tried splitting one , it took 3 wedges & a wood grenade to split it in half.

Back