underarmor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rmihalek

Where's the wood at?
Reaction score
I am not a salesperson, nor do I play one on the internet, but I wanted to pass along an observation about a product. One of the current trends in sport clothing is this brand called Under Armor. I just saw one of their garments yesterday at a new Sports Authority that opened up near my house. This garment is a type of underwear that resembles boxer shorts but has padding built into the hips. The padding is about 1/8" think neoprene-type stuff.

I know when I do a rec climb, since I'm not used to wearing a saddle, that I get some soreness around the hips. I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Under Armor boxer shorts to see if it helps at all. The problem is, they are not cheap. Sports Authority wanted $50 for a pair!!

I know when I do a rec climb, since I'm not used to wearing a saddle, that I get some soreness around the hips. I'm thinking of getting a pair of the Under Armor boxer shorts to see if it helps at all. The problem is, they are not cheap. Sports Authority wanted $50 for a pair!!

Anything with UA on it is going to be overpriced.

If enough people buy those shorts, you'll see the mimics come out shortly. Sounds like a good idea as my hips can get sore occasionally.

I have not used that item. But I have there Cold Gear long johns and shirt. I have been wearing it for hunting season and skiing for 4 years now. My son has a set that he wore everyday for cross-country ski practice for 3 years. It went through the wash at least 2 times a week for 3 months. It is still in like new condition. The stuff is very will made. It is pricey but it lasts. You can buy the good stuff once or the cheap stuff 10 times.

I have not used that item. But I have there Cold Gear long johns and shirt. I have been wearing it for hunting season and skiing for 4 years now. My son has a set that he wore everyday for cross-country ski practice for 3 years. It went through the wash at least 2 times a week for 3 months. It is still in like new condition. The stuff is very will made. It is pricey but it lasts. You can buy the good stuff once or the cheap stuff 10 times.

I also think there products are very good, just overpriced. They seem very Nike"ish". With the heavy sports personality and logo marketing combined with the prices. I just have a hard time justifying ~$35 and up for underwear. It does perform better than other stuff, but not that much better.

yeah i very much agree with it being over priced. when i was in the army, they were switching over to that stuff. and we had to go out and buy it. newbies got it free, same as when they switched pt's, etc. the stuff is overpriced in my mind, and unless your a fitness buff, or into something extreme, i dont think it is worth it.

but thats my 2 cents and im sticking to it.:lifter:

Latest posts

Back