United States Stove Company, anyone used them?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No you are correct. There was a tax credit of a certain percentage up to $1500 max. I think that was in 2010. Then they had a deal like 10% up to $300 for 2011. Far as I can tell this year 2012 there is no credit at all. None I can find at the state or federal level here anyway

...exactly.....

Thanks for the replies guys. I am reading that US stove products are not made in the US. I don't really care for that. I am going to head to our local Stove reseller and see what they have that may fit in the area we have. My folks have a Lopi insert that has been a great unit for them for 6-7 years, but I'm not sure they make anything that will fit in our fireplace.

I see you are in Ca....this may help.

California:
Yolo/Solano County, Sacramento, Santa Clara, and Truckee all regularly offer rebates for the replacement of an old wood burning stove with an EPA-certified unit or one that burns natural gas, propane, or pellets. Other lesser known programs are available in Placer, El Dorado, Shasta, and Butte Counties. Incentive specifics available here: http://www.epa.gov/woodstoves/changeout.html#links

California provides local rebates in some areas for removing old, non-EPA compliant stoves in several counties, particularly in the Bay Area.

Marin County- $250 rebate for removing non-compliant woodstoves, fireplaces and inserts that are destroyed. Rebate can be used towards an EPA Phase II wood, pellet, or gas stove.

Yolo County- $200 rebate for replacing a non-certified wood burning stove or insert with a natural gas, propane, pellet stove or EPA certified wood stove.

Sacramento County- $200-750 for Environmental Justice-area residents and $75- 450 for non-Environmental Justice-area residents replacing existing uncertified wood stoves, inserts, or open hearth fireplaces with an EPA-certified stove.

Del North/Humboldt/Trinity Counties- Residents can apply for assistance when replacing a non-EPA certified wood heating appliance with an EPA certified appliance.

Incentive specifics available here:
Marin: California Marin County - Wood Stove Replacement Rebate Program
Yolo: Incentives10r
Sacramento: Wood Stoves & Wood Fireplace
Del North/Humboldt/Trinity: http://www.ncuaqmd.org/index.php?page=wood.stove

Thanks for the replies guys. I am reading that US stove products are not made in the US. I don't really care for that. .

While you may not care that some stoves are made in China, please be aware that in order to keep the cost low the MFG must also scrimp on material. ie. at $4,500 shipping charge per 40,000 Lbs Ocean Freight Container you want to keep the weight of each unit at minimum in order to cram more products in a container & spread the shipping cost. Therefore most Chinese made stoves are a lot lighter than its North American Counterpart.

If it's a less expensive brand you are after, try Drolet, Flame, Century or Englander. All made in North America and still compete with Chinese offerings. They also have a better warranty and better quality. Plus you're helping with some guys job here at home. Some of these brands are found in Big Box stores others on Northern Tools or Lowes.

If you are looking for something a bit more upscale you've already listed one and I can add Osburn & Enerzone.

Back