Unusual Pictures Of The Stihl 090 070 and Contra

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gypo Logger

Timber Baron
Reaction score
Thought I'd start a thread of crazy and unusual pictures of these legendary saws. See what pictures we can find. These I snibbed off google images.
Gypo

securedownload2.jpg

securedownload.jpg

securedownload3.jpg

Some one posted a thread about the goverments down that way(southern Americas) cracking down on the logging stuff.

I can only image the top notch image the top notch treatment that guy got for being busted for logging!!!

Sad part is the poeple that are powerless to the goons that are cutting there lively hood down with out the proper permits, or permission!

Keep in mind I support the timber industry! I buy 2x4's from Home depot!

207-171-teak-togo-chainsaw-751967.jpg

Y'know, these guys slabbing up a log on-site for local building materials are A-OK in my book.

On the other hand, it's poachers anywhere that set my blood to boiling -- just found another couple dozen trees this last week which had been BADLY fallen across roads and only the part less than ten feet in taken as firewood. This happens a couple of times a year, and I'm always a few days behind the perpetrators.

Pretty sure he is fixin to lose "his" top end, hands appear to be tied behind his back. REJ2

I'll see if I can find the article. He was supposedly poaching timber, but I think he escaped with his life.

What do you make of this saw? Looks like he used it to clearcut 100 acres then he's gonna till it with the same saw!
Gypo

papuaSmiths2.jpg

Looks like he needs a spark plug before he tills anything. I wonder if he is trying to make a debarker.

Mr. HE:cool:

207-171-teak-togo-chainsaw-751967.jpg

Y'know, these guys slabbing up a log on-site for local building materials are A-OK in my book.

On the other hand, it's poachers anywhere that set my blood to boiling -- just found another couple dozen trees this last week which had been BADLY fallen across roads and only the part less than ten feet in taken as firewood. This happens a couple of times a year, and I'm always a few days behind the perpetrators.

Keep in mind, a lot of the logging in South America is considered poaching!
The local tribes own the land, but are powerless to the armed sawyers!

Awesome pics! Keep them coming!!!!

090 = AK-47! Awesome!!! REPPED!

Keep in mind, a lot of the logging in South America is considered poaching!
The local tribes own the land, but are powerless to the armed sawyers!

Awesome pics! Keep them coming!!!!

090 = AK-47! Awesome!!! REPPED!

It would be interesting to be there and see what it's like and maybe have a rce or two with my 385! lol
Gypo

es_ca_logging_1_e-1.jpg

securedownload.jpg

I'm sure they run some type of commercially available motor oil or even a good 2 cycle oil. You have to remember that saw is worth its weight in platinum, in that country and environment.

Back