Upside Down Bar???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When it comes time to flip my bar. I just step over the log and cut faceing in the opposite direction. Gives ya a whole new prospective of things.

Yeah the bars wear worse a few inches or so back from the tip, cutting one way only as well as not flipping the bar, the wear marks start showing sooner. Felling, you can run every thing even, alternate cutting with the upper/lower side, flip the bar now and again, skim the bar edges with a file otherwise the sharp burrs are dragging and sticking in the wood

Yeah the bars wear worse a few inches or so back from the tip, cutting one way only as well as not flipping the bar, the wear marks start showing sooner. Felling, you can run every thing even, alternate cutting with the upper/lower side, flip the bar now and again, skim the bar edges with a file otherwise the sharp burrs are dragging and sticking in the wood

One of the few sensible posts here!!!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

cutting 15000-20000 bft a day of oak and hickory will wear the letters off the bar to:cheers:

I was referring to the paint itself, not the lettering - but who really cares.....

.....and it depends heavily on which brand the bar is, as well as other factors.

Moderators please lock this thread! I'm getting seasick from all the flipping and the smell of paint. ( Not to mention the overall stench of flying BS). :) What's next, running Stihl Ultra in a Husqvarna? Astroglide instead of bar oil?

Moderators please lock this thread! I'm getting seasick from all the flipping and the smell of paint. ( Not to mention the overall stench of flying BS). :) What's next, running Stihl Ultra in a Husqvarna? Astroglide instead of bar oil?

Na.. next you'll be using bar oil instead of astroglide. You can blame the paint smell (but we know better).:greenchainsaw:

I'm tellin' ya... maple syrup instead of bar oil... all the cool kids are doin' it!

Gary

Wikipedia should use this forum as their definition of thread drift. Makes me proud.

I would agree - the question was about upside down bars on chainsaws - what they do with the K-Y and Astro glide is up to them, but I will cancel my registration if they start talking about upside down bar stools

Last edited:
This is the easy way.

http://www.arboristsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=60526&stc=1&d=1196483761
attachment.php

Back