Upstate NY GTG 16' - Sunday April 24th - Greenwich, NY (Albany)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Talk has started about the 2016 GTG here in Greenwich!

Possible date of Sunday April 24th?

447 State Route 29 (447 New York 29 on some GPS's)
Greenwich, NY 12834
Washington County

I can do that too... Find the 7900! LOL!!!

2993a35420205c9ba2c4a4a86d56a45f.jpg

Looks like Iowa Spring GTG is 3rd weekend so if all goes well I can come to NY this spring with Smurfs in tow!

How do you guys operate? Sunday GTG? Usually we do it Saturday so guys can travel Friday and Sunday. Suppose it doesn't matter to me I'd have to take Friday and Monday either way with the long drive.

Do you guys camp out the night before with a bonfire and such? How many people usually show up? And any good dolmar and makita trade bait going to be floating around?

Last few years have been on Sunday which is easier for us with the store officially closed.

Most drive in Sunday morning but some have driven in Saturday and stayed over somewhere.

Last year the Dolmar Makita rep based out of Georgia was here. I haven't talked to him yet about this years.

I do have two Makita's in the collection. A brand new DCS6800i and a prototype DCS5000.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

Turnout has been very good the last few years. But I have no idea how many total because I'm usually stuck in the store at the busiest time. We've got to get an official sign in sheet this year.

I know when I look at everybody else's pictures I see a lot of people I didn't see in person.

This GTG is open to everybody including some other dealers (spike60, mcobb2, TK) with a wide selection of brands of all ages. We've had people here from all over New York, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Connecticut, Pennsylvania, and just across the border in Canada.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

What is this DCS 5000 Proto type you speak of? Pics?

I will probably be traveling light, if I come. But I will be sure to throw Dolkivarna in!

Do you guys camp out the night before with a bonfire and such? How many people usually show up? And any good dolmar and makita trade bait going to be floating around?
Camping had crossed my mind to. I'm not nearly as far as you but getting there and back in one day is still a lot of driving for one day and doubt SWMBO would allow me to get a hotel. :surprised3:

Camping would be a good time. Warm fire, cold drinks and story time....

Camping had crossed my mind to. I'm not nearly as far as you but getting there and back in one day is still a lot of driving for one day and doubt SWMBO would allow me to get a hotel. :surprised3:

Camping would be a good time. Warm fire, cold drinks and story time....

That is the best part of the Iowa GTG. The camp out the night before and the potluck food. I honestly like swaping stories and learning new things from the wiser dolmar guys. I've "been around the block" with dolmar more than once but guys like Leeha and 166 know way more than me. Plus I'd probably get the chance to see and maybe run a saw or two that I haven't run before.

Where is Leeha in Mass? Does he come to this GTG?

That is the best part of the Iowa GTG. The camp out the night before and the potluck food. I honestly like swaping stories and learning new things from the wiser dolmar guys. I've "been around the block" with dolmar more than once but guys like Leeha and 166 know way more than me. Plus I'd probably get the chance to see and maybe run a saw or two that I haven't run before.

Where is Leeha in Mass? Does he come to this GTG?

Lee has an 8 hour round trip coming from the Cape Cod.

When I went to Lee's GTG last fall it was 16 hours from when I left until I returned.

How does your father like his 421?

He loves it. Hasn't even used it yet though. :innocent: He got quite a bit of trigger time on both mine and my brother's 421's so he sure won't be disappointed.

Back