Upstate NY GTG 2015

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When trying to post a picture, I'm getting the following message, even for pics I've previously posted. Anyone know how I can resolve this? Thanks.

"The uploaded file is too large for the server to process."

Might need to call customer service in India

Uh, how big is the file in question? All the image-processing s/w I've ever seen will let you downgrade resolution and logical size. On a computer display, resolution above 72 dpi is totally wasted. Losing the excess can shrink the filesize enormously, making for lots less waste of bandwidth too.

No need to involve India with basics. :innocent:

Really great time, as usual. Ran saws early, but then just wanted to visit with everyone for a while. Some guys like huskystihl I never even ran into.

Took one last walk through the "playground" after everyone had left. Nobody around, it was real quiet, and had to laugh at the devastation we left behind. I almost feel bad leaving that kind of mess, cause I know what it's like to clean it up.

Thanks again Scott and Steve. Totally first class hospitality. :clap:

Why am I getting an error message now with pics I previously sent? Does not make sense. (ie 4.52 MB)

I'm pretty certain that you're not being targeted personally. You might ask one of the mods what filesize their server is set to accomodate. As is, a 4.5MB graphic is kinda big for the purpose. (I have relatives who casually send huge graphics from their "smart"-phones; can't teach them better.) You might try some graphic editing s/w to knock down the resolution to ~70dpi, and reduce the logical size of the image. It can easily end up with a couple percent of the original filesize.

In a nutshell, drop resolution and size. There are cheap/free graphic s/w packages out there. Beyond that, can't say. Good Luck.

Really great time, as usual. Ran saws early, but then just wanted to visit with everyone for a while. Some guys like huskystihl I never even ran into.

Took one last walk through the "playground" after everyone had left. Nobody around, it was real quiet, and had to laugh at the devastation we left behind. I almost feel bad leaving that kind of mess, cause I know what it's like to clean it up.

Thanks again Scott and Steve. Totally first class hospitality. :clap:

You didn't notice the folks around you that were taking mental notes when you speak? Your contribution was significant, you know?

I have determined that it is specific to this site, and the same pics I could attach a few weeks ago I can no longer send, what is up??? Who do I contact?

Size-limited exactly as one would expect; you'll see the same with email servers & attachments. You were expecting a global thing?
Were I you I'd get the local system parameters via PM to @Darin (owner) or whomever he refers you to.
Then, you might PM me about "demo" distrib of Photoshop Elements, to make your image files compliant after you get to using it. It's really simple. Most any 10-yr-old could walk you through it. You can find many more uses than here, to eliminate surplusage.

I like the pic of Bob wielding the stihl like a madman....and the picture of Steve taking a picture!
I've got a pic of Bob holding a STIHL for the past 4yrs.
At least this year I didnt have to sneak in for the shot!

I have more pics. This is all I had time to process tonight.
I got a few videos too.

Latest posts

Back