Urgent tree job

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

unclemoustache

My 'stache is bigger than yours.
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Was busily working on installing a kitchen for a friend's rental, when I got a call from a tree company - "I need you desperately!" Had a tree to take down that he couldn't get to with the truck. It was just a small maple- should take a couple hours.

Well, it wasn't very small at all. Not huge, but not small. There were two houses nearby, a fence underneath, a cable line close by, and power lines farther out. Removed the cable, and had to lower lots of stuff down between the houses. The rest of the tree was pretty easy to drop branches and chunks down. It's rather nice to have an easy tree for a change. Branches where I needed them, and just enough room to drop most things down.

Left the bottom 25 feet of the trunk to fall it, even though it was leaning toward the fence. Nice notch aiming slightly away from the line of the fence (to accommodate for the lean over the fence) and yet not over far enough to hit the power lines. Did an angled back cut with more hinge wood on the side away from the fence, and had a rope tied to the top, pulley'd at a tree at the other end, with the free end back to me, wrapped around a very handy chain link fence post with no fence - just a nicely anchored post.

Everything went so beautifully on this job, including the nice weather.

Wish I would have taken some pics, but I didn't. Pity. No funny or exciting stories to tell either - everything went well, and if you're still reading this, then you must be really bored.
:thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpictures:

If there isn't an "exciting" story to tell then it means you did the job safely and correctly. That's pretty exciting in my book, and not at all boring. Congrats on a job well done!

I agree with mainwoods and also give the other guys a bit of credit, they may be a ragtag bunch but at least they know when to call in the "Big Guns" Good job Unc...

If there isn't an "exciting" story to tell then it means you did the job safely and correctly. That's pretty exciting in my book, and not at all boring. Congrats on a job well done!

Back