Using an in tree saw on the ground?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I will not argue that running a chainsaw is not dangerous. It can be. There is a lot of potential for serious injury. However, with proper training, all dangerous activities can be made safer. No amount of safety gear, for any occupation, activity, etc actually makes the activity safer. It can however prevent injury in the event of a mishap. Wearing a motorcycle helmet does not make you a better rider nor does wearing chaps make you a professional sawyer. I personally am uncomfortable working in a lot of PPE. I am however comfortable using a top handle with one hand.
Then do it.

Wearing a motorcycle helmet does not make you a better rider nor does wearing chaps make you a professional sawyer.
Agreed. And there are also different kinds of motorcycles for different kinds of riding, just like different kinds of saws for different kinds of cutting. You can make your choices on what you use and how you use it.

But suggesting that either motorcycle or chainsaw injuries are only hearsay ("Just because your uncle's cousin's nephew heard his buddy's dad got hurt"), or a manipulation of statistics, or can't be reduced by work methods (e.g. 2 hands on a saw when possible), is either an illusion or really misinformed.

Philbert

Latest posts

Back