Vacuum and pressure gauge

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I would like to get a mightyvac pressure and vacuum tester.do i go with the mv8500 or 8510.i seen one on ebay a 8510 kit but 129.99??no way.i already have a spark plug with the porcelain broke out.and i have brass hose barb fittings.or is there a different decent pump.seems the mightyvac is good.i have a one but only does vacuum. Father in law gave it to me 2 days ago.lol

If you have a compound guage, a remote purge primer pump will work, as long as it's working correctly.
The longer leg produces pressure, and the short leg is vaccum.
It's good "thumb war" exercise.

I would like to get a mightyvac pressure and vacuum tester.do i go with the mv8500 or 8510.i seen one on ebay a 8510 kit but 129.99??no way.i already have a spark plug with the porcelain broke out.and i have brass hose barb fittings.or is there a different decent pump.seems the mightyvac is good.i have a one but only does vacuum. Father in law gave it to me 2 days ago.lol
What modle did you FIL give ya?

One note about that 8500 kit with storage box. It something I ran into when first got the pump and adapters. Due the way adapters were moulded; they leaked. After I took a backbone razor to them trimming them smooth they sealed fine.

Also the 8500 is mostly metal and not all plastic.

I ordered the mightyvac 8500 kit.i have a spark plug with the ceramic removed. Getting it tig welded at work. to a fitting that will be removeable for different size hose barbs.

Don't forget to get a 10mm plug done too if your going to be working on many 2 cycles; unless, use the compression gauges set that the removable hose via M style plugs and the various size adapters. With this setup you just need to make up one M style coupler to fit the MityVac use whichever test hose you need.

Back