Value of Jonsered 670 Champ

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilverKing

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
A new friend of mine has a 670 champ in very good shape,he said he may or may not sell.Saw is complete,starts on 3 pulls,runs good,looks good ,decals are intact.Compression feels good,I would guess around 150 psi.Good Oregon 20 inch prolite bar,75 % chain.I offered him $300 for it,he said he would think about it.Should I go for $350?

I would say that $300.00 would be the limit for me and the saw would have to be very minty. If you are actually going to use the saw then compare it to what you would pay for a used Husq 365 or Jons 2165 in your area with all saws being in equal condition and the 670 being the oldest and certainly hardest to source parts for. As much as I like the 670s I would rather use a 365/372 and have the minty 670 for the collection.

Last edited:
They are great old saws many new parts can be found and used parts are plentiful.
Price may be on the high side, however of its in great shape, then maybe you pay a bit more, but you will have a very nice example of a very solid saw.
I get it in a heart beat.... if it was in excellent shape.

I would pass on it if you are going to use it, but if you want it for a collection, then $300 would be the limit. I say let him keep it, it sounds like he's either attached to it, or playin' with ya...

Back