value of these saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tree_chomper

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
all are nice looking in running order.

Ms 660 magnum-
with up jetted carb, muffler mod, some new lines and intake, 28" bar w/ 2 stihl full chisel rapid super chains ( both near new), 36" bar with skip tooth rs chain

Ms362 - with muffler mod, 20" bar with brand new oregon chain

201t -with the Snelling mods (muffler port, advanced timing maybe 20 tanks thru the saw since new)

Ms251- very nice shape w/ 18" bar with 4 stihl rapid super chains 3 of which are brand new maybe 8 tanks through it since new

Maybe thinking of selling them so would like to know what yall think the value is. Will try to get more pics later

Attachments

• 20150128_153311.jpg
    20150128_153311.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 83
  • 20150117_023620.jpg
    20150117_023620.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150117_014308.jpg
    20150117_014308.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 87
  • 20150107_223426.jpg
    20150107_223426.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 88
  • 20150117_182838.jpg
    20150117_182838.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 85
all assume, verified as described, good plastics and complete with Stihl bars only
660Mag - Sell 650-700 Buy 325 (and sell without 36")
362 - Sell 475 Buy 275
201T - Sell 350 Buy 250
251 - Sell 250 Buy 200 (and sell without 3 new chains)
DDave

If you want to sell them, then one would think you might be inclined to actually do a little research to determine their value. If you are too lazy to do the research, list them on e-Bay and the market will determine their worth. Seems like many newbies troll this site trying to sell saws by asking "what is it worth"?

If you want to sell them, then one would think you might be inclined to actually do a little research to determine their value. If you are too lazy to do the research, list them on e-Bay and the market will determine their worth. Seems like many newbies troll this site trying to sell saws by asking "what is it worth"?

Not being an argumentative prick, but real world value and Ebay value are different animals in my overbloated self important opinion :)
Ebay value has a built in squish band of 15-30%.
In person is a test drive in a log, a short negotiation and a transfer of goods and funds.
Ebay has the Ebay and Paypal fees, shipping, packaging, insurance, a buffer to account for the amount of shrinkage (theft by buyers, returns for no reason, return postage, other BS that is part of customer satisfaction) and the time to list , package and ship. I would much rather sell a saw in person, much fewer variables and I have a better handle on what stuff sells for locally and can make an assessment as to whether the customer is a tool or not. (in person a tool pays full price)
Dave

I have thought for a while that the trading post would benefit from a newbie what's it worth area. not everybody who has an extra chainsaw wants to learn more than literally what they can sell it for and there are plenty of experienced buyers here who know how to safely buy saws.
I had too much coffee this morning :)

The problem with these types of threads is that the line between inquiring about value quickly gets blurred and they turn into selling threads. There are sponsors that pay money to be able to ply their wears and who enjoy a few benefits that come with those financial commitments, one of which is the privilege of offering items for sale outside of the Tradin Post forum. Now, while it's always not the intent of members who inquire about value in the CS forum to sell items, the result is almost always that other members state their interest in the item and offers to buy result, effectively circumventing the rule against non-sponsor selling outside of the Tradin Post. Most (virtually all) members have reasonable expectation of what their saw is worth. That value, whether in line with the market or not, represents their perception of the items worth. If they are unsure as to the likely actual worth vs. their value, they can take a few minutes and search closed listings here or on Ebay (and adjust prices, of course). Then they can list the item and let the buyers willingness to purchase at the asking price tell them how well they have priced their item. No action? The buyers is asking too much. 200 offers in the first five minutes of the listing? Well, you probably should have listed your Solo Twin for more than $25 with free shipping.

I completely get that.
Maybe a sticky at the top of the chainsaws section that directs people to the trading post for value questions?
Not sure of the real word metrics but I bet a decent percent of new visitors are just looking for exactly that kind of info. Perhaps the whats it worth area has all the sponsor ads at the top??
meh, I know nothing :)
DDave

You do not acquire 4 Stihl saws (including pro models and one that has been ported) without having a fairly good idea of value. If you don't believe me, shoot the OP a low ball offer and see what happens. Just a solicitation to sell...
He probably doesn't know he's not supposed too. It does take a little while to catch on to the rules. Maybe we could just politely inform him.

You do not acquire 4 Stihl saws (including pro models and one that has been ported) without having a fairly good idea of value. If you don't believe me, shoot the OP a low ball offer and see what happens. Just a solicitation to sell...
yeah he has at least one saw for sale in the TP now, hadn't seen that, I am too trusting, send me an invoice:)
Luckily I have plenty of the saws I like :)
DDave

Thanks for being a. Prick!! I did do research and found numbers to be all over the place. That is why I asked!

I completely get that.
Maybe a sticky at the top of the chainsaws section that directs people to the trading post for value questions?
Not sure of the real word metrics but I bet a decent percent of new visitors are just looking for exactly that kind of info. Perhaps the whats it worth area has all the sponsor ads at the top??
meh, I know nothing :)
DDave

There ya go now that's an idea huh?? So that way people don't act like pricks for no reason.

Anyone smell a BA?
Wonder how he figured out how to price the Husky?

Several saws I've seen broken go for around a 100.00.. don't know if that's a good price or not Jesus you guys are ruthless around here maybe I should not have joined this forum after all! As you see in that husky listing I said I'd rather sell it IN PERSON! !

Thanks for being a. Prick!! I did do research and found numbers to be all over the place. That is why I asked!

I stand by my statement, sorry that you find it offensive but that is often the case when confronted with the truth. Interesting that you could find the Tradin' Post and list a saw there with a price but could not do the same with these saws.

By the way, I am smart enough to convey my ideas without resorting to vulgarity.

Sorry yall if I broke some rule around here... my apologies. . Was only trying to get a more concrete answer on what they was worth. Not even sure I'm trying to sell these saws, may just keep them! And no worries it won't get "blurry" If I did try to sell these saws it would be in the for sale section. I had NO IDEA I was not allowed to ask the value of some saws. Again sorry and moderator PLEASE REMOVE THIS POST and my husky 445 post TO PREVENT ANY FURTHER PROBLEMS THAT SOME B*=%^÷$ seem to have with me for some reason. I think I'm just gonna stick to selling saws on ebay. Thanks to some for opening my eyes about what this forum seems to be about, attacking new members.

Latest posts

Back