view from the tractor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in time, Southern states bought the fertilizer this morning for the sweet corn and sunflower fields, they also did my orchard grass and alfalfa field. Now it has started raining, bring it on!
stihl hoping for rain here. drier than a camels fart. all we had was a light mist that didn't even wet the grass.

One patch is dry, the other patch is mud. Notice the ruts where tractor went down. At least I got 3 patches done today! ( one patch is sunflowers )
( only 2 more to go )

Attachments

• arborists site 005.JPG
    arborists site 005.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 45
  • arborists site 003.JPG
    arborists site 003.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 46
  • arborists site 008.JPG
    arborists site 008.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 51
  • arborists site 012.JPG
    arborists site 012.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 39
And more rain tomorrow, they say! Let me know if I am not doing this right, BL. actually they are very small gardens, As we used to plant green beans with the planter in question, at 4 rows at a time. ( In the year 2002 we canned over 600 qt's of green beans ) There is no more help here now, so that will never happen again. ( If You come help I will plant ) lol.

Attachments

• arborists site 006.JPG
    arborists site 006.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 18
  • arborists site 007.JPG
    arborists site 007.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 19
  • arborists site 004.JPG
    arborists site 004.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 19
And more rain tomorrow, they say! Let me know if I am not doing this right, BL. actually they are very small gardens, As we used to plant green beans with the planter in question, at 4 rows at a time. ( In the year 2002 we canned over 600 qt's of green beans ) There is no more help here now, so that will never happen again. ( If You come help I will plant ) lol.

>Let me know if I am not doing this right, BL.

haha, me??? it's me taking notes from your work and postings, amberg... lol ;) i'd say not only right, but 'right on!'... ;)

>If You come help I will plant

haha... try: if you plant, they will come... lol

great pix of your... 'small' garden plots... to put things in perspective... picked a bunch a beans other day, now cleaned etc and in refer... about 2/3rds freezer bag... haha... taking issue with them now... cook to eat or blanche to freeze. 600 qts... omg, u must have a hangar of a cold cellar!... ;)

good 'tractor views'....

amberg - if the AS had a poll going each year for Farm of The Year... I would submit and vote for yours! one-owner family since the 1880's. very cool! :cool: up where my place is I was talking to my neighbor once... the old gent now gone, who was in his early 90's then... still getting out and about on his place... and he told me there were 'farms and acreage up here' still held by same families that acquired the acreage via the early land grant rushes...

one guy also now gone... held a lot of land his dad and family had acquired... 1920's...they ran the local Feed & Seed farming center... and would sell this or that to area families on the come of their cotton crops. his business was also a cotton processing center... run up a tab during the year on credit, pay it off with cotton. but since every ag year is not guaranteed to deliver desired results he required lands to be the collateral on the account bills, not the come of the cotton. in bad years... he got land...

as always... business is business! ~

Cultivated a couple of the sweet corn patches today, looks much better. actually starting to grow.

to me, there are many pretty patches... but nothing quite stands for it all like a nice, healthy corn patch...

looking great there, amberg! I mite be up for some roasted corn n melted butter... :)

Got this patch cultivated for the last time, starting to look good now if it keeps raining.

sure does! nice patch of sweet corn... going to be farm fresh! wondering? so amberg, with all that corn and the girls gone out... will u still be concerned u r too hungry? wouldn't take but a min to get the water boiling, pop out to the corn patch... pop back in, then corn into water... get the butta' out... S&P... by that time corn done... plate it... and eat?

sounds like no more too hungry posts to me. :) ur corn patch is :numberone:rated!....

be sure to post up some pix of the full ears of corn up close... ur new cameras does... do close up, right? ;)

sure does! nice patch of sweet corn... going to be farm fresh! wondering? so amberg, with all that corn and the girls gone out... will u still be concerned u r too hungry? wouldn't take but a min to get the water boiling, pop out to the corn patch... pop back in, then corn into water... get the butta' out... S&P... by that time corn done... plate it... and eat?

sounds like no more too hungry posts to me. :) ur corn patch is :numberone:rated!....

be sure to post up some pix of the full ears of corn up close... ur new cameras does... do close up, right? ;)

Wont go hungry then, as I never cook less than 16 to 18 ears every night when it comes in. As for the camera manual says it does have a close setting, I just have to read it again to see how to use it. I also have the manual downloaded and saved on my favorites. ( salt and butta ) just can't wait.

Wont go hungry then, as I never cook less than 16 to 18 ears every night when it comes in. As for the camera manual says it does have a close setting, I just have to read it again to see how to use it. I also have the manual downloaded and saved on my favorites. ( salt and butta ) just can't wait.

u be sure and send us some pix of all that korn kooking in kitchen! sounds like half a gunny sack full per night... who eats it all?....

guess u r lucky, then... likes butta' and also butta milk, too... how many boxes u go thru a night?... not bars, boxes! lol

u be sure and send us some pix of all that korn kooking in kitchen! sounds like half a gunny sack full per night... who eats it all?....

guess u r lucky, then... likes butta' and also butta milk, too... how many boxes u go thru a night?... not bars, boxes! lol

As a general rule the wife and daughter eat two ears apiece and I eat the rest 12 to 16 ears for me!! And it does take a lot of butter and salt for me. These are a couple of the little gadgets that we use to butter the ears with, they hold a half a stick of butter each and I use 2 of them. Will get pics. of the cooking process when it is ready. ( I can't wait ):surprised3:

Attachments

• 2013-02-12 002 001.JPG
    2013-02-12 002 001.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • 2013-02-12 002 002.JPG
    2013-02-12 002 002.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 13
  • 2013-02-12 002 003.JPG
    2013-02-12 002 003.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 14

Latest posts

Back