Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ive never used one, but ive heard nothing but good about them, Italian made so quality should be good and only 40 bucks for the piston kit.

My MCCULLOCH 10-10---Any one have problems with stock type fuel line kinking and cutting fuel to carb. Bought saw for $35.00 . Got home and put in new fuel--It started right up and ran great. Cut some wood--6 weeks later fuel in air box. Carb/fuel line leak--Old so I install kit and line--Can run good but acts like it starves for fuel.. hard to start--Looks like line kinks between carb and tank no matter how I twist it--Thought about cutting line and putting small straight metal tube at kink and see if that helps--Thoughts or ideas??????

My MCCULLOCH 10-10---Any one have problems with stock type fuel line kinking and cutting fuel to carb. Bought saw for $35.00 . Got home and put in new fuel--It started right up and ran great. Cut some wood--6 weeks later fuel in air box. Carb/fuel line leak--Old so I install kit and line--Can run good but acts like it starves for fuel.. hard to start--Looks like line kinks between carb and tank no matter how I twist it--Thought about cutting line and putting small straight metal tube at kink and see if that helps--Thoughts or ideas??????

I'll give you $35 for it :)

Alot of guys are putting a grommet in.the tank then just running tygon line

Thats my one rant about stihl is parts, the sum of its parts should not cost more than the complete saw. Case And point a ms 250 is 300 dollar saw , it should not cost more than 300 to buy all the parts and put it together. But if you do that it would cost over 1200 bucks, ridiculous

I've never understood that either

Just curious but what do you do for a living?
Heavy equipment mechanic---Cat dealership 20+ years..worked in shop,later in transmission/engine section and later fuel injection pump room(My favorite place) Now at a road construction place--Oxford construction--they clear land,build and pave roads,curb and gutter,drain/sewer line install,grassing--every thing but paint the center line down the middle of the road. Any body need help/info/trouble shooting cat or heavy equipment in general--Ask-I might know about it. I like any old diesel with mechanical injection pump. David

Cool i love 2 cycle detroit diesels, i shal not apologize :)[/QUOTE
Cool i love 2 cycle detroit diesels, i shal not apologize :)
I like the old 671 and 471 detroits--Guy on utube Put one in a 1950 chevy truck.. Euclid or Trex dozer had 2 671s side by side.. cool sounds!!! Its a euclid TC-12

I have a 471 in my allis chalmers HD-9 bulldozer, i love it, there is no mistaking that sounds for anything else in the world.
I forgot we have some people here with tractors/dozers----I like the Cat D8h,D8k . Had a D342 6 cylinder . Top rpm at about 1200 .. YOU CAN pull/push anything. Does your allis have a master clutch/transmission .

Haven't been paying attention lol, I've been watching stihl timbersports videos, they are awesome! that's sweet about the heavy equipment mechanic, that's what my dad does

Thats my one rant about stihl is parts, the sum of its parts should not cost more than the complete saw. Case And point a ms 250 is 300 dollar saw , it should not cost more than 300 to buy all the parts and put it together. But if you do that it would cost over 1200 bucks, ridiculous
Because they can (which I do not find right). $17 for a single air filter? Don't tell me that they don't make any money in parts sales. Heard someone on another thread say that an ms880 crank alone cost over $300. Their pricing is way out of wack.

Back