Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is a picture of the bar mount area on my bar. I'm assuming it would work on an 056.
ff5d70c15d6e06a644869e903a906470.jpg

It's so weird that there is no numbers on it. It might be tricky finding out how many driver links I need.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hmmmmm well do you happen to have different pitch and gauge chains? I would imagine it'd be 3/8 but possibly .404 pitch and roll it around the nose of the bar see how it sits. Then try setting an .063 gauge chain and see if it fits or an .050 and if it fits or has extra wiggle. The current 36" bars are 114 or 115 dl so that'd be a good place to start I'd imagine.

Hmmmmm well do you happen to have different pitch and gauge chains? I would imagine it'd be 3/8 but possibly .404 pitch and roll it around the nose of the bar see how it sits. Then try setting an .063 gauge chain and see if it fits or an .050 and if it fits or has extra wiggle. The current 36" bars are 114 or 115 dl so that'd be a good place to start I'd imagine.

I'll have to do some checking. The bar is a hard nose bar so the pitch shouldn't matter. All my saws are 3/8. I will try some chains to see the gauge but I would imagine it's 063. I can get a 114 or 115dl 3/8 .063 full skip chain for $35 on eBay. I saw somewhere else .23 per drive link for full skip Oregon chain.

I'll have to do some checking. The bar is a hard nose bar so the pitch shouldn't matter. All my saws are 3/8. I will try some chains to see the gauge but I would imagine it's 063. I can get a 114 or 115dl 3/8 .063 full skip chain for $35 on eBay. I saw somewhere else .23 per drive link for full skip Oregon chain.

I had the wrong pitch on my Husqvarna hard nose. It ran but it didn't sit into the sprocket on the end like it should.

So with a setup like that would it take more from the engine to run the chain and actually require a shorter bar than a bar with a sprocket?
It won't take any more power, but it will rob a few rpms from the top end, that's why on a hardnose bar you run the chain a little looser than you would on a sprocket tip

Thanks! Good to know!
90738f0caca98567eb127cdde296f6ff.jpg
Funny you say that, we actually do that gi Joe thing around the shop and it's pretty funny..... meanwhile back at the ranch, boomer and I have to put a few hours in working on an asphalt roller....... not even remotely interested, but like they say, gotta make hay while the suns shining!

Funny you say that, we actually do that gi Joe thing around the shop and it's pretty funny..... meanwhile back at the ranch, boomer and I have to put a few hours in working on an asphalt roller....... not even remotely interested, but like they say, gotta make hay while the suns shining!

That's pretty cool that y'all can work on them though. Not many people have the know how. Roller by day saw by night

Latest posts

Back