Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What kinda shape is the 268 in . It's modern has a brake on it. Nice.. my L77 has no brake on it .. keeps operator on edge. lol let's just say it keeps the operator focused ya...

Woodblocker55
Yes on brake-From what I read it will do well in power,balance-cutting when complete--Will go with husky oem bearings

Funny you say that........ I've been meaning to talk to you about that......... hahaha just kidding, it wouldn't be the same without you:D
SON OF A------------- I knew it would happen:laughing::laughing:Always Does --Can I bribe you with a McCulloch Iron on patch to stay. When Yall vote all I need is 1 white ball or 1 yes vote:drinkingcoffee: OLD BUDDY_OLD PAL __OLD FRIEND O MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SON OF A------------- I knew it would happen:laughing::laughing:Always Does --Can I bribe you with a McCulloch Iron on patch to stay. When Yall vote all I need is 1 white ball or 1 yes vote:drinkingcoffee: OLD BUDDY_OLD PAL __OLD FRIEND O MINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You would be amazed at how easy it is to bribe me, couple bucks, mac parts, string cheese haha

You would be amazed at how easy it is to bribe me, couple bucks, mac parts, string cheese haha
I offer a genuine cloth patch--he raises the bar--I BID on some patches--went to high--Would like to cover a coat in brand name patches--have to collect them-get future girlfriend to sew them on:innocent::drinkingcoffee:

1024540. L77 made in Sweden best I can make out plate is wore a bit.

Woodblocker55

Then it is just a "consecutive" number with no dating code in it. That said, it has to be made 1973 or later (because it is a "L"), and production of that model family (65 and 77) allegedly was moved to the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia around 1974. I haven't seen any exact info on when the production of the 77 was mowed though, and if it was a 100% "clean" transfer.

Most likely your saw was made in 1973/74, or shortly after that - but I wasn't "there", so I can't say for sure.

Then it is just a "consecutive" number with no dating code in it. That said, it has to be made 1973 or later (because it is a "L"), and production of that model family (65 and 77) allegedly was moved to the Tomos factory in Yugoslavia around 1974. I haven't seen any exact info on when the production of the 77 was mowed though, and if it was a 100% "clean" transfer.

Most likely your saw was made in 1973/74, or shortly after that - but I wasn't "there", so I can't say for sure.
So your saying it's that old .. I was thinking it was made in 1980s what was the production years of the L77 ? So that means points lasted 40 + years they have never been changed since for sure 1983 that's wild . If you seen how much wood this L77 cut you just would not believe me. lol thanks for the info.. saw pulls 20 inch .404 skip chain thru oak like hot knife thru butter. What was list price on saw in 1974?.

Woodblocker55

So your saying it's that old .. I was thinking it was made in 1980s what was the production years of the L77 ? So that means points lasted 40 + years they have never been changed since for sure 1983 that's wild . If you seen how much wood this L77 cut you just would not believe me. lol thanks for the info.. saw pulls 20 inch .404 skip chain thru oak like hot knife thru butter.

Woodblocker55

A Swedish made 77 can't be much newer than 1974, if at all. A Tomos/Yugoslavia made one can be quite a lot newer though - they kept up production of older Husky models quite a long time some times. Some times those Yugo (later Slovenia) saws were sold by Husky, some times not. The decision to move production of older Husky models to Yugoslavia wasn't taken by Husky, it was on the initiative of the infamous Swedish prime minister Olof Palme - to help industry in Communist Yugoslavia (he was befriended with the Yugo dictator Tito).

If it says "Made in Sweden" on it, it isn't a Yugo/Slovenia saw. I would like to see a picture of the number tag of that saw.

Got a FedEx package heading this way with a sachs dolmar 112 and a poulan model 68 sandcast with a bow. I wont be able to focus all day now
I have a package coming sometime soon also, but nothing as exciting as saws. Finally ordered a pressure-vac kit. Quite excited to be getting one, especially after all my issues I've been having lately.

I get better one later.

Woodblocker55

That tag is inconclusive, as it

1) doesn't say "made in" on it but then the early ones didn't

2) doesn't say Tomos and/or Yugoslavia on it.

Most likely it is a Swedish tag though, but I don't really know if some early Tomos ones looked the same, I dont think anyone does know for sure today.

Here's a typical Tomos tag:66 Yugo number plate 2.jpg

Got a FedEx package heading this way with a sachs dolmar 112 and a poulan model 68 sandcast with a bow. I wont be able to focus all day now
Lets see the sexy goods ;) I stole my wife's work computer so I could get on AS lol. 3400CV is all boxed up for I LOVE YOU as well now :)

Back