Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Say, I was reading in another thread about a ms440 milling with a 60" what do you guys think about the ms361 and a 36"? Really can't justify another kit saw at the moment, but I kinda need a bar that big for a couple of bucks for a table. Also, has anyone had any experience milling with the Stihl lightweight bars? Considering that in the 36".

Say, I was reading in another thread about a ms440 milling with a 60" what do you guys think about the ms361 and a 36"? Really can't justify another kit saw at the moment, but I kinda need a bar that big for a couple of bucks for a table. Also, has anyone had any experience milling with the Stihl lightweight bars? Considering that in the 36".

I'm not expert or anything but either one of those options sounds like a bad idea.

Now I don't think I would push milling with it, but if you had a low tooth sprocket, 6/7 tooth, with a full skip semi chisel chain, and tune it for the extra load, you might can pull off making some big bucks with it. Chainsaw guy had a Saw featured on his channel that was a husky 55 with 32" bar full skip, he said it pulled it well as long as you kept the rpm up

Now I don't think I would push milling with it, but if you had a low tooth sprocket, 6/7 tooth, with a full skip semi chisel chain, and tune it for the extra load, you might can pull it off. Chainsaw guy had a Saw featured on his channel that was a husky 55 with 32" bar full skip, he said it pulled it well as long as you kept the rpm up

Full skip brother

Latest posts

Back