Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now I don't think I would push milling with it, but if you had a low tooth sprocket, 6/7 tooth, with a full skip semi chisel chain, and tune it for the extra load, you might can pull off making some big bucks with it. Chainsaw guy had a Saw featured on his channel that was a husky 55 with 32" bar full skip, he said it pulled it well as long as you kept the rpm up
Yeah, I'm not crazy about it either, but I would only need to make like 3-5 cuts with it. Goal is to make 2-3 tables, keep one, and sell the rest. Worried if I use a 20'' I'm going to make a pretty big mess of it.

I am going to pick up a couple saws this coming weekend and the guy has a few antique saws that he wants to get rid of as well. One is a McCulloch 3-25 (I think), and maybe a couple more McCullochs that I am not familiar with, and I think one is an old Skilsaw. All the saws appear to be 50's vintage. I do not collect or work on old saws, but would any of these saws be worthwhile picking up from the view of an antique saw collector?

I am going to pick up a couple saws this coming weekend and the guy has a few antique saws that he wants to get rid of as well. One is a McCulloch 3-25 (I think), and maybe a couple more McCullochs that I am not familiar with, and I think one is an old Skilsaw. All the saws appear to be 50's vintage. I do not collect or work on old saws, but would any of these saws be worthwhile picking up from the view of an antique saw collector?

Depends on model/condition/price. Of course price always plays a big role. Grab some mcculloch if they are good

Latest posts

Back