Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a really nice 041 Super, it may just have to be next week's Favorite Saw...[emoji6][emoji41]

Don't know what it is but the 041 is my favorite classic Stihl to date.
459ef1ebaecd4bf1983323e918a3cb03.jpg

Well, oiler on my 390xp is working adequately, although I wish it put out more.

I tore apart my 335 for deep cleaning and decided to measure squish which lead to pulling the base gasket which led to porting it and modding the muffler and advancing the timing.....

Waiting on my yamabond to cure then I'll clean it and put it together and see how it runs

Well, oiler on my 390xp is working adequately, although I wish it put out more.

I tore apart my 335 for deep cleaning and decided to measure squish which lead to pulling the base gasket which led to porting it and modding the muffler and advancing the timing.....

Waiting on my yamabond to cure then I'll clean it and put it together and see how it runs
Haha, one thing turns into another. Just remember the saying 'If it's stock, it might as well be broken.' :D

Man that sucker cleaned up good, must have taken you since the last time you posted to get it all cleaned off haha!

I wish I had more time to play with the saws.
I run production for the largest home builder north of Sacramento. The housing market here has really taken off, so we are going through some growing pains. I'm working about 12 hrs/day then doing paper work in the evening. Tonight I'm beat temp reached 103° today.
But with all that said, it sure is fun to walk outside and fire up that saw! It sounds so good!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Alright boys and girls I uploaded my first take of the JD 40v for the sub 40 "competition" :). She wasn't running right so I'll give her a second chance later after I get her going better again. But here is first take anyways...

Oh and Murphy and his laws showed up before the video when I went to test my filing in a piece of wood only to find not one....but two nails side by side...

And no I don't normally wear shorts but I just did these cuts right quick for video...I normally wear pants and ppe per my wife's demand and my older son's instruction because he will get into me more than her. We call him our safety officer :)

Alright boys and girls I uploaded my first take of the JD 40v for the sub 40 "competition" :). She wasn't running right so I'll give her a second chance later after I get her going better again. But here is first take anyways...

Oh and Murphy and his laws showed up before the video when I went to test my filing in a piece of wood only to find not one....but two nails side by side...

Haha hitting the nails sounds like something I would do. I swear the first tree I cut up with the 017 I hit every freaking nail in the tree smack in the middle. One about 3ft up, and one at 7 and 12ft, all near the center of the tree. Stupid me at the time didn't even notice for quite some time. That was quite the sight to behold, got that bar nice and toasty. I have come so far.
BTW the dog video on the channel is pretty cute also.

Back