Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any of you fellas running a saw with no muffler at all? My Almost new Echo top handle I bought for $20 years ago lost a muffler bolt then the remaining one broke and is still stuck in. I just retuned it and run as is. It's loud as hell and spits flames at night. I think this saw might be a good excuse to try to a pipe for the first time.

Any of you fellas running a saw with no muffler at all? My Almost new Echo top handle I bought for $20 years ago lost a muffler bolt then the remaining one broke and is still stuck in. I just retuned it and run as is. It's loud as hell and spits flames at night. I think this saw might be a good excuse to try to a pipe for the first time.

Wow funny you said that!! I had a dream last night that I ran my 361 without the muffler and in my dream I realized it later and freaked out! Lol. Is that a sign of CAD? Having dreams about your saws

Wow funny you said that!! I had a dream last night that I ran my 361 without the muffler and in my dream I realized it later and freaked out! Lol. Is that a sign of CAD? Having dreams about your saws
Yes having saw dreams is a perfectly normal sign of having CAD! And also, I did try running the ms361 w/o a muffler once. Louder than heck, although it did make some pretty fireworks that evening I tried it out from all the sparks. Won't be doing that again anytime soon though.

I wish my wife recorded me. One night after a long day of work I had a few beers and fell asleep snoring making chainsaw noises. She woke me up and I said something like "that was a Homelite". Lol

I wish my wife recorded me. One night after a long day of work I had a few beers and fell asleep snoring making chainsaw noises. She woke me up and I said something like "that was a Homelite". Lol
Hahaha, sounds like me too! Parents hate me when I'm trying to figure out the brand of saw by it's sound! I probably say those types of things in my sleep also, but no one has had the heart to tell me yet...

Say, does any one know what the rough price of a ms361 carb kit from the stihl dealer usually costs? Also, is the needle valve spring included? The stupid thing keeps on flooding out and I figure it is all within the carb as everything else checks out as far as I know. Driving me nuts as whenever I need the saw it won't work. :cry:

5200 case gasket in the makings. Pain in the rump to make.
8a855304d54f7291a935af13c55ed110.jpg

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk

Back