Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I worked on the Mac 250 carb some more tonight. Figured some stuff out, and still have to take it apart one last time because I lowered the needle valve too much. Found out that the high jet was completely turned in, which would explain why it didn't seem to rev very high. Don't ask me why I didn't see it before.
Anyone else work on any saws tonight? Also, is anyone still doing the sub 40cc modded saw project? I kinda got sidetracked with the 250 and didn't get anywhere so far on mine lol.

Well I worked on the Mac 250 carb some more tonight. Figured some stuff out, and still have to take it apart one last time because I lowered the needle valve too much. Found out that the high jet was completely turned in, which would explain why it didn't seem to rev very high. Don't ask me why I didn't see it before.
Anyone else work on any saws tonight? Also, is anyone still doing the sub 40cc modded saw project? I kinda got sidetracked with the 250 and didn't get anywhere so far on mine lol.
I believe we have all gotten side tracked lol, but it will happen, maybe this winter when we all have more time :)

Also if the needle was turned all of the way in I figure it would either die from fuel starvation of be screaming because it would be getting more air than fuel.

I wonder if I can save this junk of junk.
059033eee723c29f226acaebe6bc31d1.jpg
cf0a3ce9631e9e9e7eb24991d7c447ba.jpg
3a1cd44bb18c853cd78c3b8e646f0069.jpg
3047a9d6a42786f40e21f4558113c520.jpg
1f6daa96b8b11236e77ce90f7e63d5d3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[emoji15][emoji848][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481][emoji481]

Building a saw is stress relieving, trying to get it to run is stressful, like work.

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Truth!!! Spend countless hours wrenching all to spend about five more hours trying to get it to run lol. Story of my projects for sure. I can't remember the last time one worked perfectly the first time after a rebuild.

I wonder if I can save this junk of junk.
059033eee723c29f226acaebe6bc31d1.jpg
cf0a3ce9631e9e9e7eb24991d7c447ba.jpg
3a1cd44bb18c853cd78c3b8e646f0069.jpg
3047a9d6a42786f40e21f4558113c520.jpg
1f6daa96b8b11236e77ce90f7e63d5d3.jpg

Thought the one i was working on was dirty.Cleaned it up, pressure and vacuum tested great.Did ingest some sawdust and could use a new piston

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 36
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    4.2 MB · Views: 33
I'm working on 2, a Remington PL-7A, and a PL-6. Neither run as of right now... never been this far into a saw before, I have two pistons in my hand. [emoji51]

Thought the one i was working on was dirty.Cleaned it up, pressure and vacuum tested great.Did ingest some sawdust and could use a new piston

Nice! Sometimes it's like the grime and dirt protects them. I had some 036s that were covered in dirt. They cleaned up really good.

Nice! Sometimes it's like the grime and dirt protects them. I had some 036s that were covered in dirt. They cleaned up really good.

I completely agree. The Macs I picked up were protected from the corrosion primarily because of the grease and grime buildup. Where there wasn't grime, there was white death. I'll take cleaning hands down over having to repair magnesium.

Well after a long and hot day building a dormer on a 3rd story roof, I got to play with saws again. Mac 250 carb is now fixed after I reset the metering lever to factory position. It runs quite well, but I did not get to tune as it was already quite dark at that point. My other issue now is that the chain has been stretched, I have to crank the tensioner up quite a bit to take up the slack and that makes it hard to turn the chain. How tight do you guys get your chains on the long bars? I think I got mine pretty loose, but I had it about this tight to begin with and it ran around the saw fine earlier, now it's pretty tight. Any thoughts on it?

Well after a long and hot day building a dormer on a 3rd story roof, I got to play with saws again. Mac 250 carb is now fixed after I reset the metering lever to factory position. It runs quite well, but I did not get to tune as it was already quite dark at that point. My other issue now is that the chain has been stretched, I have to crank the tensioner up quite a bit to take up the slack and that makes it hard to turn the chain. How tight do you guys get your chains on the long bars? I think I got mine pretty loose, but I had it about this tight to begin with and it ran around the saw fine earlier, now it's pretty tight. Any thoughts on it?
Always adjust your chain when it's cold, if you run it and it stretches way out then adjust it to keep using it but you should leave it a little loose when you put it away then readjust it before you go cutting again, on a 36 inch bar it might hang a little bit but it shouldn't hang lower than the bar groove.

Latest posts

Back