Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are you running that cylinder or have you replaced it, if replaced, did you have tuning issues before the cylinder took a crap.?

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
Same cylinder and same carb. I may have a compatable carb kit I can throw on tomorrow and see if it's carb kit. Really don't want to buy an oem carb if I don't have to. Especially since my am carb for my 017 has worked so well so far. I believe how I scored the cylinder was from running out of gas when I was cutting last and not from tuning. Although if I keep on tuning it this way, it will be because of tuning it so lean. I don't mind the questions because it helps me get to an answer. Thanks guys!

Need to see the mount from the jug
this is what i did on a P-42View attachment 595278
old set up
View attachment 595279 NLA and could not find on line
View attachment 595280
The jug mount - no coil
View attachment 595281
Husky 365/372 ( china )
View attachment 595282
She is a runner
Next time out I will make a vid
----------------------------
Superb. Thankyou Very helpful.
Below is a photo of the Pioneer 3071 at TDC. and a Huskvarna replacement coil.
The gap between the magnets on the flywheel are in-line with one of the mounting screws for the pickup-coil. which makes fitting the usual horse-shoe shaped ones tricky. I've also, I have found a pickup coil for the Huskvarna 340/350 (and others) and it looks much like the one in your pictures. It looks like a close-fit. If I use the fixing-hole closest to the flywheel. and make-up a bracket / plate for the other mounting hole it may just work. How fussy was the timing on yours?

Attachments

• Pioneer3017_TDC.jpg
    Pioneer3017_TDC.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 11
  • Husy340_coil.jpg
    Husy340_coil.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 11
Back