Walnut nut buyer ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh! clicked the link just for fun. Turns out the feed store I get feed from 2X a week is a hulling station. Who knew?
-Ralph

$13 a hunderwieght after hulling isn't much, though I guess they will buy all you have.
I've gotten a lot more $ when selling them to folks who want to plant them.
but then they are only buying a bushel or two at a time

no, that doesn't seem like much at all.

looked at the site. interesting...

i looked at what they sell too. they also will sell black walnuts still in the shell, but look what they sell them for, $9.25 for 5 pounds! That $185.00 for 100 lbs. and they are only paying us $13.00. What a mark up! yeah, they take the husks off, but still....

theXman said:
no, that doesn't seem like much at all.
(snip)
they are only paying us $13.00. What a mark up! yeah, they take the husks off, but still....

the price sure doesn't stop folks from doing it though! a month from now there will be dozens of folks out with full pickup loads asking to pickup your walnuts. price is about on par with cutting burley or putting in hay. work hard all day for $30.
not me. better off fishin, huntin, or f???ing!
-Ralph

Thanks Swannie. I usually sell to the state tree nursery and get $3 a bushel in the hull,that equals 2 five gallon bucket fulls. I called them yesterday and they said they are done buying this year already. I didn't even pick mine up this year yet.

Latest posts

Back