want to build a logosol anyone do this with pics ideas

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMG_0681.JPG well i have around 35 logs cut waiting on better weather before i pull them out . i use snatch block and a 400 suzuki to pull logs up over steep ground takes time but works with ease with snatch block . i am building another piece for my tablesaw to turn out some log furniture i will get pics up here in a while its works pretty slick for making log furniture . got a couple big logs i think i will be pulling with 3930 soon as ground dries . more pics to come .IMG_0678.JPG IMG_0679.JPG IMG_0680.JPG IMG_0681.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0683.JPG IMG_0684.JPG IMG_0685.JPG

Nice looking hardwood! Looks like aspen.
yep all aspen going to redo my living room walls with it and make some furniture . since i have a ton of it and don't burn it for firewood . but i did burn it green this year slabs from 12 logs i sawed already

scor440,
I always like this youtube but I forgot the link. Thanks
Phil

Yes I have come across a chainsaw mill like that. Had a funny from memory. The advantage is single point height adjustment and not having to lift the log for each cut. Just like the logosol it has its pro's and con's
magnetic nose clamp
self-adjusting auto feed speeds
auto-stop

Perhaps a few more ways to easily and safely load/position/turn the log once on the mill.

Found a youtube video:

update! been tearing up the aspen with my mill works great ! JUST WISH i had a kiln built that will be next got about 140 boards cut 1'' will start on 2'' next for some table tops i am going to make IMG_0698.JPG IMG_0699.JPG IMG_0700.JPG IMG_0701.JPG IMG_0702.JPG

Please don't be offended by me saying this, but you need to make some changes in your air drying stack.

It would be good if you get that stack up off the ground further, like on (4) 6x6's on cement blocks. Then get your stickers over and lined up with the timbers under the stack.

If you do those things, your chances will increase greatly, of ending up with much better lumber...

Your picts are great, thanks for posting them!

SR

Latest posts

Back