Want to say hi, and heres my saws with pics

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawsnall

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi fellas, awesome forum! Love lurking here at night for the info, chuckles and personality. I totally get it. Addicted to collecting and burning firewood in my fireplace. I've got CAD already, too. Bought an 041 with a 45 day warranty, and just got a 200t for $150 at a pawn shop.

Pics of the 200t
photobucket-1968-1321654329704.jpg

Knew I was getting a deal but didn't realize how good a deal till it was home. Planned on reselling when I seen the resale, but changed my mind quick. Was cutting through some jungle of old broken over hedge trees yesterday and this saw was amazing. CAD

Got my 041 from a local Stihl dealer for $250 with a 45 day warranty. 20" bar and chain. Cuts so nice and love the torque. But this saw keeps having problems. Runs great for a cord or so, then starts cutting out up top. Took it back for the third time today, same exact problem. Kill switch doesn't work too well either. Love the saw so I didn't raise a fuss today when I took it back to get checked out. Still got 20 some days left on warranty. What would you guys do?

photobucket-3026-1320272964842.jpg

photobucket-687-1320272899276.jpg

Firewood pile is getting big. Got about a chord and half of dry hedge, chord of dry maple, some green maple, chord of green elm, half chord of green locust so far. Gonna get more dry hedge once the saw is back up and running. Hoping tomorrow. I love being in the woods and getting my mind off everything. Girlfriend is a little fussy about the saws and time spent getting firewood. And the talk of a log splitter.

Need splitter bad
photobucket-2222-1321655402539.jpg

photobucket-4010-1321655366231.jpg

Hope you guys like the pics, let me know what you think. Any guesses how long till I buy another saw? MS 390 on CL looks so perty. Also i got a question on getting up in a tree a little ways with a rope and how to do that. Will post in the climbing section.

That's a couple of really nice saws.
A lot of folks here kinda look down their noses at the 041 but one kept me warm for a LOT of years!
Welcome to the site. Now run and never come back unless you have a BUNCH of room for extra saws!!!LOL

Mike

Welcome and like your pics, great place here at AS, tons of info and always great threads with lots of chuckles to go around but be careful " CAD virus runs rampant here" enjoy my friend!

Get the girl involved

Best suggestion I have is to incorporate your girl into the firewood process. Ask for her help but don't drive her into the ground. Maybe you can do some splitting and have her pile the splits. And if you get a hydraulic splitter, she can run the splitter while you feed it. Get her some ear protection and a pair of work gloves that fit her and spend some time together.

Thanks for the greetings guys. I'm addicted, hoping my saw is fixed tomo because I'm fiend'n for some more hedge.

Welcome! You know that you cant turn back now, right? You will have 20 saws before christmas... And i just got another 041 super and i think i like it ...

HAHA I'm trying hard to keep a budget. My deal with myself is I only pickup another saw is if I: A, sell the 200t, or B, the 041 can't get fixed. (Unless I find a really good deal, of course) LOL I've been watching CL hard for stihl stuff.

Selling the 200t ain't gonna happen. That thing is soo handy in the hedge tree line I've been clearing. My 041 busted right when I got started last trip, and I ended up cutting 6' long pieces up to 8" thick with the 200t, and still got a full load. Sick saw, did it quick. Merry Xmas to me :rock:

Welcome to the site. Both nice saw's, hopefully they get the 041 going again. You can justify overriding the budget, and getting at least one or two more, because you alway's need backup when one goe's down. I have a 041 I inherited from a best friend of mine.

Latest posts

Back