Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunky fuel tanks--Tried something new. Got some Berrymans B-12 Chem-tool. On sale at O Rileys. Poulan 361 fuel tank--So gunked up fuel filter was stuck to bottom of tank.Fill and shook then let it set over night--Shook through out a Sat. Got really clean-filter out--Pour back into can and save. Will eat paint off-and rubber-did not hurt plastic cap . also had a husky 268 tank bad shape-- filled with asphalt release liquid--I work for a road building-paving co. Did a great job steamed out with steam jenny---Total time 5 minutes--If you know any one in paving biz--A cup is all you need. I like that old sand cast poulan above--Gear reduction and a bow--:drinkingcoffee: David

With old saws i always tune them in the wood, richen up the hi side untill its real snotty even under load while cutting, then slowly bout 1/8 turn at a time go lean until the saw cleans up and makes one long exhaust note no burbling. The low side setting i usually start at 1 turn or so out from seated, then go lean until the saw starts to die off then go back rich until it starts to die off, then try and pick the middle of those too points.

Gunky fuel tanks--Tried something new. Got some Berrymans B-12 Chem-tool. On sale at O Rileys. Poulan 361 fuel tank--So gunked up fuel filter was stuck to bottom of tank.Fill and shook then let it set over night--Shook through out a Sat. Got really clean-filter out--Pour back into can and save. Will eat paint off-and rubber-did not hurt plastic cap . also had a husky 268 tank bad shape-- filled with asphalt release liquid--I work for a road building-paving co. Did a great job steamed out with steam jenny---Total time 5 minutes--If you know any one in paving biz--A cup is all you need. I like that old sand cast poulan above--Gear reduction and a bow--:drinkingcoffee: David
I don't think it's all that bad, just mostly need something that is going to clean out all of the old fuel and some dirt, the saw sat in a shop for 10-20 years without a fuel cap so there is a bunch of grime and stuff in there.

Pic's of A cup

Im not that fancy, got a old allis chalmers
HD-9 with a 4-71 screamin jimmy (detroit diesel). Im infatuated with detroits....but thats another forum lol

I wish I had a bulldozer :( but then again I don't have the land to have one, I just want one.

So I checked the fuel tank of my XL-700 and it's not as bad as I thought it was just a light film of gunk. My fuel lines still seem to be good surprisingly, they are still pretty ridgid to the touch and when I pulled the fuel filter apart and looked st it and found no junk in the screen.

That is a rusty nylint toy from the 1960's. I disassembled-bead blasted-prime and paint-got new decals. Friend with mini lathe helped me make the muffler out of alliminum--He had all the special rivets for steel toys and paint jigs. I would like to have a bulldozer also-May just be happy with a few old chainsaws and wood to cut... David------- 1231151011-01.jpg Found a stihl MS 180 broke start rope--She said it ran-$30 -My 1st stihl

6570ade680d329e3a4e72f9a93f2ebed.jpg
e17255118c7afbde07c989f0196b45ff.jpg

Someone has this on eBay, cheap, if it is anything except the small homelite mount then I can use it. What do you guys think the mount is? Is anyone familiar with this bar?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well judging by the slot it doesn't appear to be small homelite mount. they have a square cut out of the front of the slot

That is a rusty nylint toy from the 1960's. I disassembled-bead blasted-prime and paint-got new decals. Friend with mini lathe helped me make the muffler out of alliminum--He had all the special rivets for steel toys and paint jigs. I would like to have a bulldozer also-May just be happy with a few old chainsaws and wood to cut... David------- View attachment 541062 Found a stihl MS 180 broke start rope--She said it ran-$30 -My 1st stihl

That's a heck of a deal. I scored a ms170 same issue and I love it. So handy for small stuff

Back